- 1 What is the best area to stay in Guangzhou?
- 2 Is Guangzhou dangerous?
- 3 Does Guangzhou airport have a hotel?
- 4 How many days should I spend in Guangzhou?
- 5 How expensive is Guangzhou?
- 6 Do they speak English in Guangzhou?
- 7 What is Guangzhou known for?
- 8 What language do they speak in Guangzhou?
- 9 Is Guangzhou safe to visit?
- 10 Do airlines offer hotel for long layovers?
- 11 Do I need visa for Guangzhou?
- 12 What is there to do in Guangzhou airport layover?
- 13 How far is Zhongshan from Guangzhou?
- 14 What can you buy in Guangzhou China?
- 15 Does China accept cash?
What is the best area to stay in Guangzhou?
- 5 Best Neighbourhoods To Stay In Guangzhou.
- Yuexiu – Where to stay in Guangzhou your first time.
- Xiguan – Where to stay in Guangzhou on a budget.
- Huanshi Lu – Best area to stay in Guangzhou for nightlife.
- Haizhu – Coolest place to stay in Guangzhou.
- Tianhe – Best neighbourhood in Guangzhou for families.
Is Guangzhou dangerous?
There is minimal risk from crime in Guangzhou, one of the largest cities in the world; it is generally safe when compared with urban areas of similar size.
Does Guangzhou airport have a hotel?
The Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel is connected to the airport on the public side of the terminal. Additional hotels are located within a 5-minute drive of the airport. See the hotel section in our Airport Guide for locations or visit Tripadvisor to find hotels deals at Guangzhou Airport.
How many days should I spend in Guangzhou?
Q: How Long to Stay in Guangzhou? Generally speaking, 3 days is good enough to most of Guangzhou.
How expensive is Guangzhou?
Summary about cost of living in Guangzhou, China: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,039$ (13,336¥) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 557$ (3,647¥) without rent.
Do they speak English in Guangzhou?
Many locals in Guangzhou are “billingual” — Mandarin and Cantonese. Mandarin, being the official language of the whole country, is the language for education so almost everyone speaks it. Cantonese is also very commonly used, especially in local shops, restaurants, markets etc.
What is Guangzhou known for?
It’s China’s most important port
Situated on the Pearl River, Guangzhou has a maritime heritage stretching back over 2,000 years and its vast port is China’s main transport and trading hub. It was also one of the starting points of the old Silk Road, a trading route that stretched across Asia.
What language do they speak in Guangzhou?
Cantonese is the first language of roughly half the population of Guangzhou, China’s third-largest city and the provincial capital of Guangdong — where for many elderly residents, it is their only tongue.
Is Guangzhou safe to visit?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM
In terms of general safety when in Guangzhou, tourists can feel relaxed since it is a non-violent city when compared with other cities of the same size. Petty crimes are common, but the presence of the police, security services, and private security guards tend to stop that.
Do airlines offer hotel for long layovers?
Most airlines only provide free hotel accommodations for passengers that have a layover between 8-12 hours or overnight. However, each airline is different, so be sure to check your carrier’s website. Some airlines like Air Canada, Hainan, and XiamenAir allow for layovers over 6 hours.
Do I need visa for Guangzhou?
A Chinese Visa is needed for regular visit for Guangzhou. Meanwhile, China offers exclusive Visa Waiver Programs for certain visitors, which allow them travel to Guangzhou and China without applying a visa. For example, there are 6-days visa-free policy for group tourists in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area.
What is there to do in Guangzhou airport layover?
Should You Do a Guangzhou Layover?
- 3.1 Wander Beijing Road.
- 3.2 Explore Yuexiu Park.
- 3.3 Take a Pearl River Cruise.
- 3.4 Visit Shamian Island.
- 3.5 Gorge on Dim Sum.
- 3.6 Canton Tower.
- 3.7 Chen Clan Academy.
- 3.8 Temple of the Six Banyan Trees.
How far is Zhongshan from Guangzhou?
The distance between Guangzhou and Zhongshan is 67 km.
What can you buy in Guangzhou China?
What to Buy in Guangzhou
- Clothing. The clothing industry in Guangzhou is developing quite rapidly and prosperously.
- Electrics and Electrical Appliances.
- Local Specialties.
- Clothing Wholesale Markets.
- Pedestrian Streets.
- High-end Shopping Malls.
- Cantonese Embroidery Souvenirs.
- Jade Sculpture.
Does China accept cash?
“Renminbi (yuan) cash is the most basic means of payment. Entities or individuals cannot refuse to accept it,” the PBOC, which is China’s central bank, said in a statement, per Reuters.