- 1 Where is the best area to stay on Kangaroo Island?
- 2 How long should you spend on Kangaroo Island?
- 3 Is Kangaroo Island worth seeing?
- 4 Can you stay on Kangaroo Island?
- 5 Do I need a car on Kangaroo Island?
- 6 Are there snakes on Kangaroo Island?
- 7 What is the best time to visit Kangaroo Island?
- 8 How much does the Kangaroo Island ferry cost?
- 9 Can you swim on Kangaroo Island?
- 10 How long does the ferry take to Kangaroo Island?
- 11 What parts of Kangaroo Island burned?
- 12 Can you take a car to Kangaroo Island?
- 13 What can you do in Kangaroo Island without a car?
- 14 Can you do a day trip to Kangaroo Island?
- 15 Can you go to Kangaroo Island for a day?
Where is the best area to stay on Kangaroo Island?
8 of the best places to stay on Kangaroo Island
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge.
- Hamilton & Dune.
- Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel.
- Antechamber Bay Retreats.
- Cliff House – Kangaroo Island Stays.
- Adagio Bed and Breakfast.
- Stowaway self-contained cottages.
- The AirBnB of your choice.
How long should you spend on Kangaroo Island?
But given the size and the diversity of Kangaroo Island attractions, we recommend three days to be the minimum duration to explore it properly. A quick visit can be done for an overview, but you will want to come back for more! See our Kangaroo Island self-drive itinerary for a day-by-day breakdown.
Is Kangaroo Island worth seeing?
If you are going ot be in adelaide then KI is definitely worth a visit. It is a very large island unspoilt by high rise tourist traps. There are some fantastic B&Bs and farmstay accommodations. The countryside is either farming land or national park.
Can you stay on Kangaroo Island?
There’s plenty of accommodation to choose from on Kangaroo Island including simple lodgings, lighthouse keepers’ cottages, stunning hotels, lodges and retreats. For pure indulgence, spend the night at Stowaway or Sea Dragon Lodge for indulgence, privacy and connecting with nature.
Do I need a car on Kangaroo Island?
You can choose to arrive on Kangaroo Island by either ferry or air. You’ll need to either hire a car or bring your own vehicle over on the ferry, as there are no taxis or public transport here. It’s important to pre-book all your travel arrangements, including flights, ferry, car hire and accommodation.
Are there snakes on Kangaroo Island?
Kangaroo Island is home to two prominent species of snake, the Black Tiger snake (not always black) and the Pygmy Copperhead snake.
What is the best time to visit Kangaroo Island?
March – May. Autumn on Kangaroo Island is for some the best time of the year to visit; ask a local and they will probably tell you this is their favourite season. Warm days with extended daylight hours for endless exploring, and cooler nights, perfect to begin to rug up with a bottle of Kangaroo Island Red over dinner.
How much does the Kangaroo Island ferry cost?
Standard Ferry Fares
Can you swim on Kangaroo Island?
Some of Kangaroo Island’s beaches are a playground for marine wildlife and others are so expansive you won’t need to fight for towel space. However, it is dangerous to swim here; for safer swimming conditions, head to the nearby surf beach at Vivonne Bay. Vivonne Bay was proclaimed the best beach in the world in 2003.
How long does the ferry take to Kangaroo Island?
Getting You to Iconic Kangaroo Island
SeaLink operates two large, modern vehicle and passenger ferries, SeaLion 2000 and Spirit of Kangaroo Island, with the journey taking just 45 minutes for the 16km crossing.
What parts of Kangaroo Island burned?
Take a closer look at some of the destruction in our before and after photos below.
- View from the Bunker Hill lookout.
- Kangaroo Island’s south coast.
- The Chase Cafe at Flinders Chase National Park.
- The windy and wavy Cape du Couedic Road.
- The Cape du Couedic lighthouse.
- The famous Remarkable Rocks.
Can you take a car to Kangaroo Island?
You can take your own car to Kangaroo Island by ferry or hire a car when you get there.
What can you do in Kangaroo Island without a car?
KI 24/7 BUS CHARTERS
A service that will pick you up from the wharf and take you wherever you want to go on the island. KI 24/7 BUS CHARTERS offer Accommodation transfers, Sightseeing tours, Winery tours, Nocturnal tours, Farm gate tours, Wildlife experiences and many more.
Can you do a day trip to Kangaroo Island?
There is so much to see on Kangaroo Island but one day tours are perfect if you are limited by time to explore. If you‘d like to stay a little longer and see more, take a look at our multi-day tours. Discover the highlights of South Australia’s premier nature-based destination.
Can you go to Kangaroo Island for a day?
TIP: Even if you only have just one day, you can visit Kangaroo Island and see the main highlights.