- 1 Can you sleep at Darwin airport?
- 2 Is Darwin airport open 24 hours?
- 3 How many terminals does Darwin airport have?
- 4 How much is the Darwin Airport Shuttle?
- 5 Can you drink the water in Darwin?
- 6 How much does a taxi cost from Darwin airport to city?
- 7 Is there Uber in Darwin?
- 8 Are there any flights to Darwin?
- 9 Does China own Darwin Harbour?
- 10 Where can you fly direct from Darwin?
- 11 How far is Darwin airport from the city?
- 12 Is Super Shuttle cheaper than Uber?
- 13 Is Darwin worth visiting?
- 14 Where should I stay in Darwin?
Can you sleep at Darwin airport?
Travellers report that the airside is more conducive to sleeping than the landside. There are armrest-free benches on the upper level as well as carpeted flooring throughout the terminal. For uninterrupted sleep, there are some hotels within walking distance of the airport.
Is Darwin airport open 24 hours?
Facilities. The terminal at Darwin International Airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How many terminals does Darwin airport have?
Darwin Airport has an international terminal, a domestic terminal and a cargo terminal. Both of the passenger terminals have a number of shops and cafeterias. In 2011 the airport served 26,036 flights and 1,743,734 passengers.
How much is the Darwin Airport Shuttle?
The shuttle bus was comfortable clean and on time and the driver courteous. For the current cost of AUD18 one way or AUD36 return I would use the service again.…
Can you drink the water in Darwin?
The precautionary advice for drinking water (Boil Water Alert) has been cancelled for Darwin, Palmerston and surrounding area. Tap water is safe to drink. tap water should be brought to the boil for three minutes and cooled before drinking. concentrated household bleach can be used to disinfect water.
How much does a taxi cost from Darwin airport to city?
Taxis are available from the taxi rank which is located directly in front of the Terminal. Please refer to the Terminal map. Taxi pricing is charged by meter; expect to pay around $25.00 to $30.00 for a trip between Darwin International Airport and the Darwin CBD district.
Is there Uber in Darwin?
We’re excited to now offer people in Darwin a safe and affordable way to get around with the launch of the Uber app. Via the Uber app, they’ll be linked to local driver-partners who are 100% compliant with Northern Territory regulations for ridesharing.
Are there any flights to Darwin?
Which airlines offer direct flights to Darwin? Qantas, Air New Zealand, Airnorth, Jetstar, Etihad Airways, Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines and China Eastern all fly direct to Darwin.
Does China own Darwin Harbour?
In October 2015, the Chinese-owned Landbridge Group won the bid for a lease of Port Darwin. The then Country Liberal-controlled Northern Territory Government granted the company a 99-year lease for A$506 million.
Where can you fly direct from Darwin?
Popular destinations from Darwin
- Brisbane (BNE) 42 flights / month.
- Groote Eylandt (GTE) 31 flights / month.
- Perth (PER) 30 flights / month.
- Alice Springs (ASP) 24 flights / month.
- Sydney (SYD) 24 flights / month.
- Melbourne (MEL) 22 flights / month.
- Gove (GOV) 19 flights / month.
- Adelaide (ADL) 16 flights / month.
How far is Darwin airport from the city?
Darwin International Airport (DRW) is located 13 km from the city centre, around a 15 minute drive. The city-wide airport shuttle bus serves all Darwin hotels, and tickets can be purchased at the airport or at Darwin’s transit centre.
Is Super Shuttle cheaper than Uber?
It depends. My experience in New York is that super shuttle is cheaper than Uber considering traveling distance. Super Shuttle used to be cheaper, but in recent 1-2 years they hiked the price by 40% so now Uber is cheaper.
Is Darwin worth visiting?
Darwin is a gorgeous area, though the city its self isn’t necessarily worth it. Its Kakadu National Park and the surrounding sites that make it worth your while. Lichfield National Park is also stunning and is well worth a visit. There are tours available which combine the 2, taking several days.
Where should I stay in Darwin?
Where to stay in Darwin
- Vibe Hotel. Vibe Hotel, Darwin, Northern Territory © TFE Hotels.
- Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites. Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites, Darwin, Northern Territory © Darwin Waterfront Luxury Suites.
- Mindil Beach Casino & Resort.
- Elsey on Parap serviced apartments.
- Hilton Darwin.