- 1 Where should I stay when visiting Uluru?
- 2 What is the best month to visit Uluru?
- 3 How many days do you need in Uluru?
- 4 Does Uluru get cold at night?
- 5 Why is Uluru so expensive?
- 6 How far is Kings Canyon from Uluru?
- 7 Is Ayers Rock worth visiting?
- 8 How long does it take to walk around Uluru?
- 9 Can you free camp near Uluru?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Alice Springs?
- 11 How much does it cost to see Uluru?
- 12 Is it safe to drive from Alice Springs to Uluru?
- 13 How far is Ayers Rock from Uluru?
- 14 What do you wear to Uluru?
- 15 Are there flies at Uluru?
Where should I stay when visiting Uluru?
- Desert Gardens Hotel.
- Emu Walk Apartments.
- Longitude 131.
- The Lost Camel.
- Outback Pioneer Hotel & Lodge.
- Sails in the Desert.
- Ayers Rock Campground.
- Curtin Springs Wayside Inn.
What is the best month to visit Uluru?
The best time to come is between May and September, when the maximum temperature during the day is usually between 20°C and 30°C. The cool weather means it is safer and much more pleasant to walk, and there is very little rain.
How many days do you need in Uluru?
Given the wide variety of activities on offer, we recommend staying at least three days to give yourself time to explore, learn, go on some adventures and take your time to understand this special place. But don’t worry if you’re only here for a short visit.
Does Uluru get cold at night?
Nights and mornings can get quite cold, so it is important that you have warm clothes packed especially if you are planning any sunset or sunrise activities.
Why is Uluru so expensive?
In fact, it’s the most expensive destination in Australia and the third-most expensive in the world. The reason for this is largely due to the fact that the Ayers Rock Resort — which really consists of four hotels — has a monopoly on all the rooms, restaurants, and shops in the area.
How far is Kings Canyon from Uluru?
About Kings Canyon. Watarrka National Park and Kings Canyon is 300 km from Uluru, almost four hours by car. Visiting Kings Canyon can be done as a day trip from Uluru, but it will be a very long day.
Is Ayers Rock worth visiting?
Uluru is worth the trip, It is different from the Zion in Utah. The Mojave is more ‘interesting’ than the surrounds around Uluru. The Uluru is almost right in the middle of a large continent and you get a strange spiritual spirit when you get there. It may be magnetism or just being on an old ancient land.
How long does it take to walk around Uluru?
The walk is 10.6 km loop around the entire base of Ayers Rock. It takes most people around 3.5 hours to complete. Whilst most people might baulk at walking 10 km, the information provided on the signs on this walk are worth the walk.
Can you free camp near Uluru?
Curtin Springs Roadhouse – Free Camping Uluru
There are powered and unpowered campgrounds, plus homestyle meals. Unpowered sites are totally free, yet showers are $3 as water remains in short supply below. BYO fire wood if you want to have a campfire.
What is the best time to visit Alice Springs?
Autumn is one of the best times to visit Alice Springs, with warm days and cool nights. Average temperatures range from 12 – 27°C (53.6 – 80.6°F). During winter, average temperatures fall between 4.8 – 20°C (40.6 – 68°F), with July being the coolest month.
How much does it cost to see Uluru?
Like most large national parks in Australia, you need a park pass to enter. Park passes are $25 for adults and grant three consecutive day’s entry into the park. You can extend your pass to five days for no additional charge.
Is it safe to drive from Alice Springs to Uluru?
Driving from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock via the Stuart and Lasseter Highways is safe, however there’s are few outback driving safety tips we’d like to share with you. Ayers Rock is not just a ‘short drive’ from Alice Springs. It will take you half a day – it’s 5 hours drive.
How far is Ayers Rock from Uluru?
Driving times. Some approximate driving times are: Ayers Rock Resort to Uluru: 20 minutes. Ayers Rock Resort to Kata Tjuta: 45 minutes.
What do you wear to Uluru?
1. Wear long pants and enclosed shoes – even to the Sounds of Silence dinner. We turned up to the bus taking us to the Sounds of Silence dinner in reasonably nice clothing, Zoltan in shorts and myself in a long dress and sandals. “You should have worn pants and sneakers” the lady unhelpfully said as we tried to board.
Are there flies at Uluru?
No – though this is a common misconception. Uluru is a five-hour drive south west of Alice Springs, so if you want to fly directly to Uluru, book your flights to Ayers Rock Airport (also known as Connellan Airport) in Yulara.