- 1 Where should I stay in Port Douglas?
- 2 Is Palm Cove better than Port Douglas?
- 3 Which is better Port Douglas or Cairns?
- 4 What is the main street in Port Douglas?
- 5 What is the best month to visit Port Douglas?
- 6 Can you swim at Port Douglas?
- 7 Is Palm Cove worth visiting?
- 8 Is it better to stay in Cairns or Palm Cove?
- 9 Do you need a car in Palm Cove?
- 10 How many days do you need in Port Douglas?
- 11 Are there crocodiles in the ocean at Port Douglas?
- 12 What is there to do in Port Douglas for free?
- 13 How many tourists visit Port Douglas annually?
Where should I stay in Port Douglas?
Where to stay in Port Douglas
- Peppers Beach Club. Peppers Beach Club, Port Douglas, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland © Peppers.
- Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas Resort. Sheraton Mirage, Port Douglas, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland © Sheraton Mirage.
- Hotel Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa.
- Silky Oaks Lodge.
Is Palm Cove better than Port Douglas?
Yes, a car is necessary and advised. My vote would be for Palm Cove over Port Douglas as being more laidback and quieter. There are still quite a number of cafes/restaurants to choose from but if you want a bit more action, probably Port Douglas is a better fit.
Which is better Port Douglas or Cairns?
Overall, if it’s adventure, a buzzing nightlife, great food and shopping that you’re after then Cairns is the place for you. It offers more things to do even for those on a tighter budget. Port Douglas is more suited for those wanting a relaxed laid back holiday surrounded by nature in a small village atmosphere.
What is the main street in Port Douglas?
Located just a few blocks from Four Mile Beach, Macrossan Street is the main street in Port Douglas and is quite the shopping and dining hub.
What is the best month to visit Port Douglas?
October through December is a great time to visit Port Douglas. While October marks the end of the dry season, there are still plenty of sunny days to enjoy with temperatures reaching a top of 28°C.
Can you swim at Port Douglas?
Is it safe to swim at the beach? We have safe swimming all year round. Four Mile Beach is patrolled by Surf Lifesaving Queensland and during November–May, a stinger net swimming enclosure is in place to provide a safe swimming environment.
Is Palm Cove worth visiting?
Palm Cove is very relaxing and not much to do except beach walks and the beautiful restaurants along the beach. If you like to do a bit of fishing they have a very big jetty, always full of fishermen. My husband enjoys that a lot. Whereas Port Douglas although a small town is very much livelier and more touristy.
Is it better to stay in Cairns or Palm Cove?
Cairns is really a great city, lovely people and great shopping. Palm Cove is a lovely place to relax, and has many superb restaurants and hotels although quite expensive.
Do you need a car in Palm Cove?
When staying in Palm Cove you may not even have a need for a hire car as all of the local tour operators will pick you up from your holiday accommodation to take you out on trips to see the Great Barrier Reef and the ancient Daintree Rainforest attractions 365 days of the year.
How many days do you need in Port Douglas?
With three days in the relaxed town, you‘ll have plenty of time to explore, on land and in the sea. Here’s how. Most visitors to Port Douglas are there to see the Great Barrier Reef, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Are there crocodiles in the ocean at Port Douglas?
We see saltwater crocodiles in the wild in the Port Douglas area all the time, they are there in the rivers, lakes, and some streams. We all know about them and yet thousands of tourists and locals swim safely at the beach all year round.
What is there to do in Port Douglas for free?
- Four Mile Beach. 4,012. Beaches.
- Sunday Market Port Douglas. 701. Flea & Street Markets.
- St Mary’s by The Sea chapel. 613. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Flagstaff Hill Lookout. 169. Lookouts.
- Trinity Bay Lookout. Lookouts.
- Rex Smeal Park. Parks.
- Flagstaff Hill Walking Trail. Scenic Walking Areas.
- Marina Markets. Flea & Street Markets.
How many tourists visit Port Douglas annually?
Visitor nights for the year finished at just over 2.4 million, an 8% increase on the previous year.