- 1 Where should I stay when visiting the Great Ocean Road?
- 2 How long does it take to drive along the Great Ocean Road?
- 3 What should you not miss on Great Ocean Road?
- 4 Can you sleep in your car on the Great Ocean Road?
- 5 What is the best time to visit the Great Ocean Road?
- 6 Do you have to pay to see the 12 apostles?
- 7 Is the Great Ocean Road dangerous?
- 8 Can you drive the Great Ocean Road in one day?
- 9 What is the Great Ocean Road famous for?
- 10 How many of the 12 apostles are left 2020?
- 11 What town is closest to the 12 apostles?
- 12 Is Great Ocean Road worth it?
- 13 Is it illegal to sleep on the beach in Australia?
- 14 Can you die if you sleep in your car?
- 15 Is sleeping in your car illegal Australia?
Where should I stay when visiting the Great Ocean Road?
- Great Ocean Road Resort. 105 Great Ocean Road, Anglesea, VIC 3230.
- Anchors Port Campbell. 2549 Cobden-Port Campbell Road, Port Campbell, VIC 3269.
- Serenity Accommodation. 5 Darian Rd TORQUAY, VIC 3228.
- RACV Torquay Resort.
- Parkwood Motel & Apartments.
- Great Ocean Road Holidays.
- Holiday Great Ocean Road.
- Great Ocean Road Resort.
How long does it take to drive along the Great Ocean Road?
664 km/413 miles, about 9.5 hours
One of Victoria’s most scenic drives, the Great Ocean Road is a magnificent three-day self-drive touring route from surf capital Torquay to the iconic 12 Apostles, ending at historic fishing village Port Fairy.
What should you not miss on Great Ocean Road?
13 MUST-SEE PLACES ACROSS THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD REGION
- Hopetoun Falls. Hopetoun Falls is the most picturesque waterfall on the Great Ocean Road and arguably in Victoria too.
- The Grotto.
- Loch Ard Gorge.
- The Redwoods.
- Mariners Lookout.
- The Razorback.
- Lower Kalimna Falls.
- Griffiths Island Lighthouse Walk.
Can you sleep in your car on the Great Ocean Road?
Can I sleep in my car along the Great Ocean Road or at the beach? Unfortunately, no. There are many accommodation options for those on a budget, including the RV friendly 48 stop in Winchelsea plus many caravan parks and camping spots, each with their own set of requirements (some are even free!)
What is the best time to visit the Great Ocean Road?
The best time to visit the Great Ocean Road is late summer (March-April) as the weather is still warm (warm to Aussies is 28°C plus; hot is anything over 38°C) and more settled.
Do you have to pay to see the 12 apostles?
No, there is no charge to view the 12 Apostles or any of the natural attractions in Port Campbell National Park.
Is the Great Ocean Road dangerous?
Yes, the Great Ocean Road is quite a dangerous road if you don’t have your wits about you. The danger comes when you take corners to fast – the road speed is quite high despite the narrowness of the road – and you cut across the lane.
Can you drive the Great Ocean Road in one day?
Some people do this as a very long day trip from Melbourne while others can take as long as a week, stopping at towns along the way, leisurely enjoying the beaches, wineries, and historic towns along the way. Driving the Great Ocean Road, a one day road trip from Portland to Melbourne, Australia.
What is the Great Ocean Road famous for?
Renowned for its rugged natural beauty, shipwreck stories, and surfing culture the Great Ocean Road and its frequently changing and dramatic landscapes and views make this 242 kilometre stretch of road Australia’s most famous coastal journey.
How many of the 12 apostles are left 2020?
They call the rocky stacks the 12 apostles because they stand tall and proud along the shore. Despite the name the 12 apostles, there are only 8 left standing as Mother Nature, time and the salty waters have caused several of the apostles to fall.
What town is closest to the 12 apostles?
What town is near the 12 apostles?
- Port Campbell. Port Campbell is usually next on the agenda for travellers, being the next main stop after the twelve apostles.
- Princetown. Although not as well-known as other towns in the Great Ocean Road, it is a very close distance to the Twelve Apostles.
- Apollo Bay.
- Cape Otway.
Is Great Ocean Road worth it?
We spent a total of AUD 192 ($147) to take this 12-hour day trip and there is no question that this was probably the best value of anything we experiencing during our epic three week adventure around the world. The focal point of the Great Ocean Road are the Twelve Apostles and they are well and truly worth the wait.
Is it illegal to sleep on the beach in Australia?
Though it varies from state to state, in Australia it is generally illegal to “wild” camp (including sleeping in your parked car) unless it is in an authorised area. If you have your heart set on camping at a particular beach, check with the local council to see if they allow wild camping there.
Can you die if you sleep in your car?
The primary cause of death for people falling asleep in cars is carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a colourless and odourless gas found wherever fuel is burned. Nevertheless, media reports have stated that people who are sleeping or intoxicated can die from CO poisoning even before the symptoms appear.
Is sleeping in your car illegal Australia?
With the exception of Queensland, it’s generally not illegal to sleep in your car in Australia. In most states, if you can legally park somewhere, you can sleep in your car there. If you’re travelling through Victoria and plan to sleep in your car, you’re best to check with the local council ahead of time.