- 1 How far is Circular Quay from Sydney Opera House?
- 2 How far is Sydney Opera House from Darling Harbour?
- 3 Is there a dress code for Sydney Opera House?
- 4 Where is the best place to view the Sydney Opera House?
- 5 Why is it called Circular Quay?
- 6 Is there a ferry from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour?
- 7 How far is darling Harbour from Circular Quay?
- 8 How do I get to Darling Harbour?
- 9 Is the Sydney Opera House tour worth it?
- 10 How much does it cost to visit the Sydney Opera House?
- 11 Can you go inside the Sydney Opera House for free?
- 12 Does the Opera House light up at night?
- 13 Where can I take pictures in Sydney?
How far is Circular Quay from Sydney Opera House?
The Sydney Opera House is a six-minute walk to Circular Quay which is regularly served by public buses, trains and ferries.
How far is Sydney Opera House from Darling Harbour?
The distance between Darling Harbour and Sydney Opera House is 2 km.
Is there a dress code for Sydney Opera House?
So long as you’re wearing shoes and a shirt, whatever you like. We’re pretty informal here at the Opera House. There’s no real dress code for this event, you’ll fit right in wearing smart casual. But, if you’d like to frock up, go for it!
Where is the best place to view the Sydney Opera House?
10 of the Best Places to View the Sydney Opera House
- Pylon Lookout or The Harbour Bridge. The Pylon Lookout is a museum and amazing lookout point that is part of the Harbour Bridge.
- Luna Park.
- A Harbour Boat Tour.
- Mrs Macquarie’s Chair @ The Botanical Gardens.
- The Mare and Foal Lawn @ The Botanical Gardens.
- The Sydney Opera House Steps.
- The Opera Bar (and walkway)
Why is it called Circular Quay?
Circular Quay was constructed in 1837-1844 by reconstructing the southern section of Sydney Cove with an artificial shoreline. The harbour was originally known as “Semi-Circular Quay“, this being the actual shape of the quay. The name was shortened for convenience.
Is there a ferry from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour?
Yes, there is a direct ferry departing from Circular Quay, Wharf 6 and arriving at Darling Harbour, Pier 26. Services depart five times a day, and operate Monday to Friday.
How far is darling Harbour from Circular Quay?
The distance between Circular Quay Station and Darling Harbour is 1 km.
How do I get to Darling Harbour?
Catch a ferry to Darling Harbour from Circular Quay and alight at Barangaroo Wharf, or Pyrmont Bay Wharf. If you alight at Barangaroo Wharf, you’ll be close to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, Cockle Bay and King Street Wharf.
Is the Sydney Opera House tour worth it?
The Opera House is fascinating, it was worth the money — not only did Sydney gain a world-class Opera House, it gained a… I honestly don’t know if this was the specific tour we did or not, but it was a guided tour of the opera house. I really enjoyed seeing this iconic location!
How much does it cost to visit the Sydney Opera House?
Standard tours at the Sydney Opera House are held in a variety of languages and cost AU$42 (about $30) for adults and AU$22 (around $15) for children. Family tickets, which include two adults and two children, cost AU$105 (about $70), and discounted tickets are offered for seniors and students 16 and older.
Can you go inside the Sydney Opera House for free?
It’s free to visit the Opera House
The Opera House is a building that you can visit at any time. Simply walk along the water from Circular Quay. During the day, the Box Office is open, and you are more than welcome to explore the foyers inside the building. To explore further, you can see a show or take a tour.
Does the Opera House light up at night?
The Sydney Opera House will light up every night after the installation of a permanent projection of Indigenous Australian art on the building’s iconic sails.
Where can I take pictures in Sydney?
12 best places to take photos in Sydney on vacation
- The Strand Arcade. Source: Katt Gao. Map this location.
- Dr Mary Booth Lookout Reserve. Source: Katt Gao.
- Angel Place. Source: Katt Gao.
- Streets of Barangaroo Precinct. Source: Katt Gao.
- George Street. Source: Katt Gao.
- Cahill Walkway. Source: Katt Gao.
- Darling Harbour. Source: Katt gao.
- Wendy’s Secret Garden. Source: Katt Gao.