- 1 How much do hotel receptionists make?
- 2 What qualifications are needed to be a hotel receptionist?
- 3 Is hotel receptionist a good job?
- 4 What qualifications do you need to work at the front desk of a hotel?
- 5 What is the highest paying hotel job?
- 6 Do receptionists get paid well?
- 7 What skills does a hotel receptionist need?
- 8 What are hotel receptionist duties?
- 9 What is a hotel receptionist called?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of hotel management?
- 11 Is being a hotel front desk clerk hard?
- 12 What hours do hotel receptionists work?
- 13 What skills do you need for front of house?
- 14 What is the most important skill that is required of a receptionist?
- 15 What are the qualities required for front office staff?
How much do hotel receptionists make?
Hotel Receptionist Salaries
|Microtel Inn & Suites Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$10/hr|
|GL Staffing Services Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$11/hr|
|Champion National Security Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$18/hr|
What qualifications are needed to be a hotel receptionist?
Although receptionists do not need a high level of qualifications, most employers like to see some proof of their communication skills. They might ask for GCSE’s/S grades or equivalent qualifications, particularly in English and maths. Some may want higher qualifications.
Is hotel receptionist a good job?
The work of a Hotel Receptionist is one that is regarded as prestigious and highly ranked within the hotel. It is also often seen as the best possible position from which to start your Hotel Career and it comes at no surprise that most Hotel Managers have started their career at the Front Desk and worked their way up.
What qualifications do you need to work at the front desk of a hotel?
Personal requirements for a Hotel and Motel Front Office Attendant
- Enjoy working with people.
- Friendly, helpful and patient.
- Able to assist guests with a limited understanding of English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to record information accurately.
- Able to work as a leader and as part of a team.
What is the highest paying hotel job?
Using data from BLS and Salary.com, Monster created a list of some of the highest-paying hospitality jobs.
- Director of housekeeping.
- Executive casino host.
- Executive chef.
- Executive pastry chef.
- Flight attendant.
- Food and beverage director.
- Hotel manager.
- Meeting/event manager.
Do receptionists get paid well?
The average wage for a receptionist per hour varies based on work setting too. Location plays a factor as well, with the average pay rate in California being $15.68 an hour compared to $12.33 in Alabama. Receptionists also earn different hourly wages depending on their work experience.
What skills does a hotel receptionist need?
- customer service skills.
- sensitivity and understanding.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- the ability to work well with others.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- administration skills.
- the ability to understand people’s reactions.
What are hotel receptionist duties?
Hotel Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities
Hotel receptionists greet incoming guests and welcome them to the hotel. They confirm reservations, explain hotel amenities, give directions to rooms, and produce room keys. They also arrange for luggage to be brought to rooms upon request.
What is a hotel receptionist called?
The term front desk is used in many hotels for an administrative department where a receptionist’s duties also may include room reservations and assignment, guest registration, cashier work, credit checks, key control, and mail and message service. Such receptionists are often called front desk clerks.
What are the disadvantages of hotel management?
Disadvantages of Hotel management
- If one staff mistypes the information than the guest might get angry.
- If there is a power failure, while making a reservation than the staff must redo the whole reservation.
- When night auditing is being done all other user’s must be logged off.
Is being a hotel front desk clerk hard?
It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. At the front desk, you’re the person guests think to call and yell at – not the people who’re actually the culprit.
What hours do hotel receptionists work?
Some hotel receptionists work early morning to midday. Others work from the afternoon into the late night. Overnight shifts are also possible.
What skills do you need for front of house?
These are the desirable skills to have to be a candidate for a Front of House role:
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in handling money.
- Complaint handling.
What is the most important skill that is required of a receptionist?
Receptionists should have outstanding communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills. They spend most of their time dealing with a wide variety of guests and visitors. This means that they have to interact with people who have different personalities and behaviors.
What are the qualities required for front office staff?
The attributes essential for the front office personnel are:
- Personal hygiene.
- Retention ability.
- Good manners.
- Problem solver.
- Reference point.