- 1 Where should I stay in the Hunter Valley?
- 2 What is the best time to visit Hunter Valley?
- 3 How do you get around Hunter Valley?
- 4 How far is Pokolbin from Hunter Valley?
- 5 How far is Maitland from Hunter Valley?
- 6 How far is Hunter Valley from Sydney?
- 7 What is the Hunter Valley famous for?
- 8 Is wine tasting free in Hunter Valley?
- 9 When should you visit a winery?
- 10 Is there Uber in Hunter Valley?
- 11 Is there Uber in Pokolbin?
- 12 How do I get to Hunter Valley by public transport?
- 13 Where should I stop between Sydney and Hunter Valley?
- 14 Where should I eat lunch in Pokolbin?
- 15 Where should I eat dinner in Pokolbin?
Where should I stay in the Hunter Valley?
Some popular choices to consider: Chateau Elan At the Vintage; Mercure Resort; Spicers Vineyards Estate and Guesthouse; Kirkton Park Hunter Valley; Tonic Hotel Rothbury; The Convent.
What is the best time to visit Hunter Valley?
Best time to visit Hunter Valley for
- A honeymoon or anniversary: Spring (September to November) and autumn (March to May) are the best seasons for couples to visit the Hunter Valley.
- Wine tour/tasting: Summer (December to February) is harvest time for vineyards in the Hunter Valley.
How do you get around Hunter Valley?
Transport within the Hunter Valley: While car hire offers you the most flexibility to get around the Hunter Valley, if you’d prefer not to drive, numerous shuttle services operate to take you between vineyards. This includes Vineyard Shuttle Service and iHop Hunter Valley. Private shuttles can also be hired.
How far is Pokolbin from Hunter Valley?
Pokolbin is in the heart of the Hunter Valley, a two-hour drive from Sydney and 50min west of Newcastle Airport. Trains also depart from Sydney for Maitland, Morriset and Singleton, where you can catch connecting buses to Wine Country or hire a car to explore.
How far is Maitland from Hunter Valley?
The distance between Maitland and Hunter Valley Resort, Pokolbin is 28 km. The road distance is 40.9 km.
How far is Hunter Valley from Sydney?
Only 165km north of Sydney, the world-famous wineries, delicious restaurants and tranquil towns of the beautiful Hunter Valley are easy to get to by car, bus, train or plane.
What is the Hunter Valley famous for?
Why is the Hunter Valley so well known? Fact: The Hunter Valley is Australia’s oldest and best known wine region with over 150 great wineries. Fact: The Hunter Valley wine region is renowned around the world for its award winning wines, produced here since the 1800s.
Is wine tasting free in Hunter Valley?
Is wine tasting free in the Hunter Valley? Almost all cellar doors charge a $5pp tasting fee for group presentations in the Hunter Valley. Some cellars charge $10pp and a very small number of high profile cellars charge $20pp.
When should you visit a winery?
Most wine enthusiasts will say the autumn harvest season is the best time to visit a winery, and not just because vineyards in the region turn spectacular shades of gold and red. Wineries start harvesting grapes in September, with white and sparkling wine grapes going first, followed by red wine grapes into October.
Is there Uber in Hunter Valley?
Uber is expanding across the Hunter. The ride-sharing service will be available for people living in places including Branxton, Maitland, Cessnock and Kurri Kurri from Thursday. NSW General Manager Henry Greenacre says the Valley has been begging for the app to expand since its launch in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
Is there Uber in Pokolbin?
There are UBER Drivers in Cessnock/Pokolbin areas with great vehicles. UBER Drivers can also do half or all day butique cellardoor wine tasting visits. Discuss with driver.
How do I get to Hunter Valley by public transport?
Two ways to travel to the Hunter Valley by train:
- Cityrail service to Maitland or Morisset with connecting buses from each of these stations to Cessnock. From Cessnock it is 20 min (approx) taxi ride to your desired location in Wine Country.
- Countrylink express service (7 stops) from Sydney Central to Singleton Station.
Where should I stop between Sydney and Hunter Valley?
Stop off between Sydney and the Hunter Valley to stretch your legs and give the kids a chance to run off some energy. Our favourite spots are Terrigal, where you can splash at the beach or scramble over rocks at The Skillion (or both!), and the Australian Reptile Park.
Where should I eat lunch in Pokolbin?
Pokolbin Restaurants Serving Lunch
- The Mill Restaurant. Modern Australian $$$$$ Open Now.
- Restaurant Botanica. Modern Australian $$$$$ Open Now.
- Request Booking. Hunters Quarter.
- “Readers’ Choice 2019 Mediterranean” Request Booking.
- Request Booking. Circa 1876.
- Exp Restaurant.
- Request Booking.
- Request Booking.
Where should I eat dinner in Pokolbin?
Full List of Local Restaurants
- Twine Restaurant. Pokolbin NSW.
- Redsalt Restaurant. Lovedale NSW.
- Restaurant Botanica. Pokolbin/Rothbury NSW.
- Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Kitchen. Pokolbin NSW.
- Goldfish Bar and Restaurant. Pokolbin NSW.
- Muse Kitchen. Pokolbin NSW.
- Amanda’s on the Edge. Pokolbin/Rothbury NSW.
- The Restaurant at Cypress Lakes. Pokolbin NSW.