- 1 Is it better to stay in Kowloon or Hong Kong Island?
- 2 What is the best location to stay in Hong Kong?
- 3 Are hotels in Hong Kong cheaper now?
- 4 Is it safe to travel to Kowloon Hong Kong?
- 5 Why is Kowloon called the dark side?
- 6 Can you walk from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island?
- 7 Is Hong Kong cheap?
- 8 Where should I stay in Hong Kong for the first time?
- 9 How much should I budget for a trip to Hong Kong?
- 10 How many hotel rooms are there in Hong Kong?
- 11 Is Hong Kong worth visiting?
- 12 Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?
- 13 Can I travel to HK now?
Is it better to stay in Kowloon or Hong Kong Island?
We prefer staying in Kowloon so that you afforded views of the world class Hong Kong Skyline. Better western dining on the HK Island side, better local dining, in our view, on the Kowloon side but its not that much different. Great shopping on both sides in Causeway Bay (HK Island) and Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon).
What is the best location to stay in Hong Kong?
Best neighbourhoods to stay in Hong Kong
- Central. Central is so much more than just a financial district.
- Tsim Sha Tsui. Located on the tip of the Kowloon Peninsula, Tsim Sha Tsui is one of the busiest and best places to stay if you want to experience the full spectrum of Hong Kong.
- Wan Chai.
- Causeway Bay.
- Sheung Wan.
Are hotels in Hong Kong cheaper now?
At a new low of HK$71 (US$9.06) a night, some hotels are now cheaper than subdivided flats in the city. The monthly rate at the three-star, 800-room hotel, which has sea views, at HK$5,980 for 30 nights – breakfast and wireless internet included according to an advertisement – is cheaper than many subdivided flats.
Is it safe to travel to Kowloon Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is one of the safer cities in the world, with low crime rates and excellent standards of medicine and healthcare, even with current unrest. Hotels and businesses in Hong Kong desperately need the visitors, so it’s a great time to go.
Why is Kowloon called the dark side?
Most travellers to Hong Kong gravitate towards the glamour of its main island, yet across Victoria Harbour lies the more heavily populated Kowloon. Nicknamed the ‘dark side‘, despite being permanently lit up in a fiery neon glow, Kowloon is restlessly trapped between Western idealism and Da Li (the Chinese mainland).
Can you walk from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island?
1 Answer. No, no way to walk from Kowloon to Hong Kong island, there are several ferries to cross the harbour, but none of them is free. There is no tunnel you can walk through either, just motor traffic.
Is Hong Kong cheap?
Hong Kong is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. In fact, the city is currently ranked as the place with the highest cost of living for expats. But to simply visit, this sprawling metropolis packed with cheap eats, outdoor activities and gorgeous natural and man-made landscapes can be a bargain.
Where should I stay in Hong Kong for the first time?
1. Tsim Sha Tsui – The Best Place in Hong Kong for First–Timers. As one of the most central districts in the Hong Kong city center, it’s little wonder Tsim Sha Tsui receives so many visitors. The nightlife, cafes, and markets may have something to do with it, and many travellers visit just to see the iconic ferry pier.
How much should I budget for a trip to Hong Kong?
Past travelers have spent, on average, HK$205 ($26) on meals for one day and HK$55 ($7.02) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Hong Kong for a couple is HK$959 ($123). So, a trip to Hong Kong for two people for one week costs on average HK$15,189 ($1,955).
How many hotel rooms are there in Hong Kong?
Accommodation for visitors: By the end of May 2020, there were 306 hotels in Hong Kong, providing about 84 900 rooms. In 2019, the average hotel room occupancy rate decreased by 12 percentage points to 79%.
Is Hong Kong worth visiting?
Hong Kong is one of the best cosmopoliltan cities and known as The Oriental Pearl. But you should explore more about this city rather than just shopping because many tourists overlook some lesser-known sights in Hong Kong and actually they are really worth to visit.
Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?
require a visa to enter Hong Kong. All visitors to Hong Kong must have a passport that is valid for at least one month to six months (depending on nationality) after the period of their intended stay in Hong Kong. If you want to travel from Hong Kong to China mainland, you may need to apply for a China visa.
Can I travel to HK now?
All travellers entering Hong Kong, including Hong Kong residents, will have to take a mandatory medical test for coronavirus on arrival and will be required to undergo 14-day compulsory quarantine.