- 1 What is the best area to stay in Hong Kong?
- 2 Are hotels in Hong Kong cheaper now?
- 3 Is Hong Kong safe at night?
- 4 How many days should I stay in Hong Kong?
- 5 How much should I budget for a trip to Hong Kong?
- 6 Where should I stay in Hong Kong for the first time?
- 7 How many hotel rooms are there in Hong Kong?
- 8 Is Hong Kong safe now 2020?
- 9 Is Hong Kong expensive to visit?
- 10 Is Hong Kong better than Singapore?
- 11 Can I drink the water in Hong Kong?
- 12 How much is a Big Mac in Hong Kong?
- 13 Can I go to Macau from Hong Kong without a visa?
What is the best area to stay in Hong Kong?
Best neighbourhoods to stay in Hong Kong
- Central. Central is so much more than just a financial district.
- Tsim Sha Tsui. Located on the tip of the Kowloon Peninsula, Tsim Sha Tsui is one of the busiest and best places to stay if you want to experience the full spectrum of Hong Kong.
- Wan Chai.
- Causeway Bay.
- Sheung Wan.
Are hotels in Hong Kong cheaper now?
At a new low of HK$71 (US$9.06) a night, some hotels are now cheaper than subdivided flats in the city. The monthly rate at the three-star, 800-room hotel, which has sea views, at HK$5,980 for 30 nights – breakfast and wireless internet included according to an advertisement – is cheaper than many subdivided flats.
Is Hong Kong safe at night?
Hong Kong is generally a safe city to travel around, even alone at night, but always use common sense. Some things to keep in mind: Stick to well-lit streets if walking after dark; note the MTR is perfectly safe to use at night.
How many days should I stay in Hong Kong?
While you can visit the city within one or two days, it’s best to spend at least three days in Hong Kong. If you’re going to visit Macau, I’d add another day so you’d need 4-5 days to really see the place.
How much should I budget for a trip to Hong Kong?
Past travelers have spent, on average, HK$205 ($26) on meals for one day and HK$55 ($7.02) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Hong Kong for a couple is HK$959 ($123). So, a trip to Hong Kong for two people for one week costs on average HK$15,189 ($1,955).
Where should I stay in Hong Kong for the first time?
1. Tsim Sha Tsui – The Best Place in Hong Kong for First–Timers. As one of the most central districts in the Hong Kong city center, it’s little wonder Tsim Sha Tsui receives so many visitors. The nightlife, cafes, and markets may have something to do with it, and many travellers visit just to see the iconic ferry pier.
How many hotel rooms are there in Hong Kong?
Accommodation for visitors: By the end of May 2020, there were 306 hotels in Hong Kong, providing about 84 900 rooms. In 2019, the average hotel room occupancy rate decreased by 12 percentage points to 79%.
Is Hong Kong safe now 2020?
As of today, Nov 1, 2020, the short answer is yes, it is safe to travel to Hong Kong. Hong Kong is around the safest places to be in the world at this moment.
Is Hong Kong expensive to visit?
Hong Kong is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. In fact, the city is currently ranked as the place with the highest cost of living for expats. But to simply visit, this sprawling metropolis packed with cheap eats, outdoor activities and gorgeous natural and man-made landscapes can be a bargain.
Is Hong Kong better than Singapore?
In terms of attractions and activities, Hong Kong has the edge. Overall, Hong Kong is a more lively city, with a never-ending supply of things to do and see. However, Singapore lacks the excitement and buzz of Hong Kong; Singapore’s sights can feel a little too well manicured and staid.
Can I drink the water in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong’s water is good enough to drink.
According to the WSD, Hong Kong’s water is actually among the safest in the world14. So as long as you maintain your plumbing in good condition, Hong Kong’s water is actually safe to drink from the tap without having to boil.
How much is a Big Mac in Hong Kong?
The price of Combo meal in fast food restaurant (Big Mac Meal or similar) in Hong Kong is HK$38. This average is based on 34 price points. It can be considered reliable and accurate.
Can I go to Macau from Hong Kong without a visa?
Non-permanent residents of Hong Kong who are of Chinese nationality and without mainland residency (i.e., those who traveled to Hong Kong with a One-way Permit for permanent settlement) are required to use their Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes when entering Macau.