- 1 How much do hotel receptionists make?
- 2 What qualifications are needed to be a hotel receptionist?
- 3 What qualifications do you need to work at the front desk of a hotel?
- 4 How can I become a good hotel receptionist?
- 5 What is the highest paying hotel job?
- 6 Is a hotel receptionist a good job?
- 7 What is a hotel receptionist called?
- 8 How do I become a hotel worker?
- 9 What’s the work of a receptionist in a hotel?
- 10 Is working the front desk of a hotel hard?
- 11 What skills do you need for front of house?
- 12 How much do you make working at the front desk of a hotel?
- 13 Do hotel receptionists stand all day?
- 14 What are the 3 most common shifts on the front desk?
- 15 Is receptionist a stressful job?
How much do hotel receptionists make?
Hotel Receptionist Salaries
|Microtel Inn & Suites Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$10/hr|
|GL Staffing Services Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$11/hr|
|Champion National Security Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$18/hr|
What qualifications are needed to be a hotel receptionist?
Although receptionists do not need a high level of qualifications, most employers like to see some proof of their communication skills. They might ask for GCSE’s/S grades or equivalent qualifications, particularly in English and maths. Some may want higher qualifications.
What qualifications do you need to work at the front desk of a hotel?
Personal requirements for a Hotel and Motel Front Office Attendant
- Enjoy working with people.
- Friendly, helpful and patient.
- Able to assist guests with a limited understanding of English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to record information accurately.
- Able to work as a leader and as part of a team.
How can I become a good hotel receptionist?
10 Traits of a Great Hotel Front Desk Agent
- Empathetic and Caring. When guests approach the front desk to check in, they may be tired from their travels.
- Willing to Go Above and Beyond.
- Ability to Anticipate Guests’ Needs.
- Engaging and Inquisitive.
- Calm, Composed.
- Always Smiling.
- Knowledgeable about the Local Area.
What is the highest paying hotel job?
Using data from BLS and Salary.com, Monster created a list of some of the highest-paying hospitality jobs.
- Director of housekeeping.
- Executive casino host.
- Executive chef.
- Executive pastry chef.
- Flight attendant.
- Food and beverage director.
- Hotel manager.
- Meeting/event manager.
Is a hotel receptionist a good job?
The work of a Hotel Receptionist is one that is regarded as prestigious and highly ranked within the hotel. It is also often seen as the best possible position from which to start your Hotel Career and it comes at no surprise that most Hotel Managers have started their career at the Front Desk and worked their way up.
What is a hotel receptionist called?
The term front desk is used in many hotels for an administrative department where a receptionist’s duties also may include room reservations and assignment, guest registration, cashier work, credit checks, key control, and mail and message service. Such receptionists are often called front desk clerks.
How do I become a hotel worker?
In general, you must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma. In rare cases, you may be required to obtain a college degree. An undergraduate degree in hospitality management or a related field will be advantageous in the hiring process for a hotel management position.
What’s the work of a receptionist in a hotel?
Hotel receptionists take all incoming calls at a hotel. They handle phone reservations, confirm previously-made reservations, give directions to the hotel and answer any questions customers have about the lodgings. When a guest’s stay is over, hotel receptionists handle check-outs.
Is working the front desk of a hotel hard?
It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. At the front desk, you’re the person guests think to call and yell at – not the people who’re actually the culprit.
What skills do you need for front of house?
These are the desirable skills to have to be a candidate for a Front of House role:
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in handling money.
- Complaint handling.
How much do you make working at the front desk of a hotel?
Hotel Front Desk Salaries
|Best Western Hotel Front Desk salaries – 2 salaries reported||$10/hr|
|Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Front Desk salaries – 2 salaries reported||$11/hr|
|Clarion Hotels Hotel Front Desk salaries – 2 salaries reported||$11/hr|
|Hilton Hotel Front Desk salaries – 1 salaries reported||$45,422/yr|
Do hotel receptionists stand all day?
There are several hotel personnel, bell men and porters, waiters, restaurant hostesses and bar personnel, who all stand throughout their shift. They are all front line personnel.
What are the 3 most common shifts on the front desk?
-The three Front desk shifts can be easily named, “the morning shift”, “the evening shift”, and “the night shift” or as I like to call it, “GRAVEYARD!!”
Is receptionist a stressful job?
Is being a receptionist a stressful job? Receptionists may work in fast-paced work environments or have a high level of administrative responsibility. They may feel stress from having to manage high call volume and administrative requests from staff.