- 1 Is it worth staying on Hamilton Island?
- 2 Is Hamilton Island boring?
- 3 What is the best time of year to visit Hamilton Island?
- 4 Is Hamilton Island Good?
- 5 Are there crocodiles in Hamilton Island?
- 6 How many days do you need in Hamilton Island?
- 7 Can you swim on Hamilton Island?
- 8 How expensive is Hamilton Island?
- 9 How long does it take to walk around Hamilton Island?
- 10 Are there Box jellyfish in the Whitsundays?
- 11 Is Hamilton Island safe?
- 12 Who flies Hamilton Island?
- 13 What to do on Hamilton Island when it’s raining?
- 14 How much is the ferry to Hamilton Island?
- 15 What should I wear to Hamilton Island?
Is it worth staying on Hamilton Island?
It’s great to stay on Hamilton with your golf buggy in a holiday villa and head out for dinner with your large group, but the island is very expensive and frankly, the beaches here are not as beautiful as the others in the Whitsundays.
Is Hamilton Island boring?
Unless you are into water sports or want to go out to the barrier reef (1 day) Hamilton Island is boring, boring, boring and expensive. Self-contained island with its own little town and enough activities to keep everyone entertained.
What is the best time of year to visit Hamilton Island?
April – June
Boasting clear skies, minimal rain and plenty of sunshine, April through June is a great time to visit Hamilton Island. As the weather begins to cool off, Hamilton Island temperatures average at a balmy 24°C making it a great time to explore the regions beautiful scenery and reef.
Is Hamilton Island Good?
Situated in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Hamilton Island is the perfect base for exploring everything the reef has to offer. Located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach is one of the world’s most unspoiled and beautiful beaches.
Are there crocodiles in Hamilton Island?
While sightings of crocs are very rare around the islands themselves, they typically are seen along the mainland.
How many days do you need in Hamilton Island?
Personally, I think that 10 days allows you to split your time and have 5 days in Noosa and 5 days on Hamilton Island. Both are uniquely beautiful and have plenty of fantastic beaches to please the most fastidious tourist!
Can you swim on Hamilton Island?
Yes, you most certainly can swim when you visit Hamilton Island! The main swimming pool with swim-up bar next to Catseye Beach.
How expensive is Hamilton Island?
Everything worked but at $250 a night, you can do a lot better in Australia. Hamilton Island is very very expensive. There is a lot of choice for food but is extremely overpriced e.g. packet of chips in Reef View Hotel lobby $7.90. (would cost $2 at safeway).
How long does it take to walk around Hamilton Island?
It is a leisurely 10 minute stroll from the resort side to the marina.
Are there Box jellyfish in the Whitsundays?
As the Whitsundays have warm, tropical waters, they are host to many types of marine animals, including jellyfish and marine stingers. There are many types of jellyfish that live here, with the two most well-know as the Irukandji jellyfish and box jellyfish.
Is Hamilton Island safe?
Hamilton Island and the rest of Queensland is generally regarded as safe. However, here are a few tips on how to avoid potential annoyances other travelers have encountered.
Who flies Hamilton Island?
Hamilton Island Airport is the main air hub for the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. This modern, fully-equipped airport handles direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns, operated by Jetstar, Virgin Australia and Qantas.
What to do on Hamilton Island when it’s raining?
5 THINGS TO DO ON HAMILTON ISLAND WHEN IT’S WET AND OVERCAST
- TRY OUT SOME WATER SPORTS.
- WANDER AROUND THE ISLAND.
- GO HIKING.
- READ A BOOK.
- DRIVE AROUND IN A GOLF BUGGY.
How much is the ferry to Hamilton Island?
Pricing – from 1 April 2020
|To/from Daydream Island||$60.00||$43.00|
|To/from Hamilton Island||$81.90||$64.90|
What should I wear to Hamilton Island?
What to bring
- Sun protection – hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Light clothing – depending on the time of year you may need some layers for the evening.
- Comfortable walking shoes – if you want to go hiking or take a scenic walk.
- Travelling with a baby?
- Special sporting equipment such as golf clubs.