- 1 What is the best location to stay in San Francisco?
- 2 What is the most luxurious hotel in San Francisco?
- 3 Where do celebrities stay in San Francisco?
- 4 Where is the safest place to stay in San Francisco?
- 5 What should I avoid in San Francisco?
- 6 What areas should I avoid in San Francisco?
- 7 What is the best time to visit San Francisco?
- 8 Should I stay in Union Square or Fisherman’s Wharf?
- 9 Where is San Francisco’s Billionaires Row?
- 10 Which is better LA or SF?
- 11 Is Sausalito worth visiting?
- 12 Who lives in the Painted Ladies San Francisco?
- 13 How many days in San Francisco is enough?
- 14 Is it safe to walk around Fisherman’s Wharf at night?
- 15 How do I not look like a tourist in San Francisco?
What is the best location to stay in San Francisco?
If you’re in a hurry…
The best areas to stay in San Francisco for first-timers are Nob Hill & Union Square. If you’re all about efficiency and proximity, this is the best area if you’re interested in visiting the most important landmarks and attractions in the city.
What is the most luxurious hotel in San Francisco?
Fairmont San Francisco
A San Francisco institution atop Nob Hill, the Fairmont is stately enough to be mistaken for an embassy or palace. It’s certainly one of the most luxurious hotels in the city.
Where do celebrities stay in San Francisco?
Celebrity Getaway Hotels in San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco. Nob Hill, San Francisco, California, United States.
- Phoenix Hotel SF. Tenderloin, San Francisco, California, United States.
- The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel. Tenderloin, San Francisco, California, United States.
- The St. Regis San Francisco.
- Taj Campton Place.
- The Westin St.
Where is the safest place to stay in San Francisco?
Overall, most San Francisco neighborhoods are not dangerous. But if you want to be sure you’re sticking to the safest areas for tourists, Fisherman’s Wharf and Chinatown have low crime rates and are fun to visit too.
What should I avoid in San Francisco?
10 Things Everyone In San Francisco Should Avoid At All Costs
- Driving downtown San Francisco during games for the Giants.
- FIsherman’s Wharf.
- Bay Bridge Traffic.
- Outdoor parades and events (if you’re in a rush)
- Dog *business* on the sidewalk.
- Confusing cable cars with streetcars.
- Construction sites.
What areas should I avoid in San Francisco?
Here Are The 8 Most Dangerous Places In San Francisco After Dark
- The Tenderloin. [carlo cravero/Flickr.
- Hunters Point. Edward Stojakovic/Flickr.
- Bayview. Nick Normal/Flickr.
- Mission District. Ariel Dovas/Flickr.
- Outer Mission.
- Western Addition.
- SOMA (South of Market)
- Golden Gate Park.
What is the best time to visit San Francisco?
The best time to visit San Francisco is from September to November. Believe it or not, fall offers some of the city’s warmest temperatures year-round, not to mention fewer crowds than summer. Spring is another good time to visit thanks to its mild temperatures and lack of rain (compared to other parts of California).
Should I stay in Union Square or Fisherman’s Wharf?
If you are going to spend all your time in San Francisco at the Wharf, and have young children, I may suggest a Wharf hotel. However, for most people, the Wharf is a day or two out of a multi day visit. Thus, Union Square is better because it is a more central location for visiting ALL the sites and popular spots.
Where is San Francisco’s Billionaires Row?
Billionaire’s Row stretches (roughly) from Lyon Street — at the top of the Lyon Street steps (which are an awesome stairway stroll) — to Divisadero Street on Broadway Ave. If that’s too confusing, San Francisco is a city famous for 7 hills: Billionaire’s Row is at the top of one of them.
Which is better LA or SF?
Though both LA and San Francisco rank farther left than much of the rest of the country, and even much of the rest of California, San Francisco is the more liberal. In fact, Pew Research ranked San Francisco as the most liberal city in the nation, with LA coming at No.
Is Sausalito worth visiting?
Getting to Sausalito is worth the trip, too, whether you take the ferry or drive across the Golden Gate Bridge. While views of San Francisco are stunning, Sausalito has its own magic. Sausalito is a quiet, charming town reminiscent of hilly Mediterranean villages.
Who lives in the Painted Ladies San Francisco?
George is the only living person who has been inside all six of the Painted Ladies. Over the years, movies like Invasion of the Body Snatchers have been filmed inside them, and various famous people have been owners.
How many days in San Francisco is enough?
Most visitors find three days in San Francisco is a good amount of time to get a solid introduction to the city. However, if you have a week it’s highly recommended you take a few San Francisco day trips. For example, to the Wine Country or vibrant cities like Oakland and Berkeley, which are across the Bay.
Is it safe to walk around Fisherman’s Wharf at night?
Agree-yes it’s very safe. It’s daylight until around 9pm or so, and you’ll see lots of other people walking around also. Lots of and restaurants and some shops will be open–you won’t have any problems. Have a great trip!
How do I not look like a tourist in San Francisco?
How Not to Look Like a Tourist in San Francisco
- Always layer.
- If you must buy a sweatshirt, get anything related to the 49ers.
- And save those Google or Facebook T-shirts.
- Still, think casual
- Leave your umbrellas at home.
- Don’t, under any circumstances, call the city San Fran.
- Do stroll around Chinatown, but don’t make it a dining destination.