- 1 Is Patong beach nice?
- 2 Is Patong beach safe at night?
- 3 Is Patong safe for tourists?
- 4 Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
- 5 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 6 What is Patong famous for?
- 7 Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Thailand?
- 8 Is there a red light district in Phuket?
- 9 Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
- 10 Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 11 Is food cheap in Phuket?
- 12 How far is Phuket from Patong?
- 13 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 14 Is Karon or Kata Beach better?
- 15 Is Patong good for families?
Is Patong beach nice?
The quick answer is yes and no. Patong is Phuket’s most popular beach destination. The beach itself is a long stretch of fine white sand and swimming conditions are good. Patong City has hundreds of hotels, and the range is very broad.
Is Patong beach safe at night?
Avoid back streets and alleys when you are by yourself or late at night. If you wouldn’t do it in your hometown, don’t do it in Patong. Keep your eyes open and you’ll have a good time.
Is Patong safe for tourists?
Either you are a solo traveler, a couple, or a family, Patong Beach is a relatively safe place where to spend your vacation. There are reports about pickpocketing, scams, and incidents among locals and tourists, but it is something that happens in any big city. Violent crimes are not common in Patong.
Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
- Don’t take that selfie with protected wildlife.
What is Patong famous for?
Patong is Phuket’s most popular and famous beach holiday destination with its long white sandy beach lined with restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Top 5 Things To Do In Patong
- Shopping & Night Markets.
- Watch Thai Boxing/ Muay Thai Fights.
- Jungle Canopy Walkway & Zipline Fun.
- Learn To Cook Traditional Thai Food.
Can you brush your teeth with tap water in Thailand?
The tap water in Thailand is safe for showering & brushing teeth.
Is there a red light district in Phuket?
Patong arguably one of the most sleazy places in Phuket and probably south East Asia. It is where much of the sex tourism in Phuket takes place. In other words, it’s a red light district. Apart from sex workers, Patong also has more than its fair share of obnoxious drunk people, gross sex shows, taxi mafias, and drugs.
Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
Majority of the time, Phuket is a pretty safe place to visit but most of the really harmful situations arise out of the heavy-handed nature of some of the scams and ripped off tourists all ignited under the duress of Thailand heat, a few drinks and a deal gone bad.
Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- 1 For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- 2 For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- 3 For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- 4 For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- 5 For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
- 6 For Easy Airport Access: Mai Khao Beach.
Is food cheap in Phuket?
While meal prices in Phuket can vary, the average cost of food in Phuket is ฿596 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Phuket should cost around ฿239 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How far is Phuket from Patong?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Phuket to Patong. Your trip will be a total of 22 miles (34 km). The flying distance is 17 miles (27 km).
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Is Karon or Kata Beach better?
Karon is more spread out (it is a much longer beach) and quite a bit lower pace than Kata. You could easily find things to do (food, night life, etc.) at either, but you will find more ‘activity’ in Kata and more ‘quiet’ in Karon.
Is Patong good for families?
Phuket Family Hotels – Tips & Advice
(When is the best time to visit Phuket?) Kata Beach and Karon Beach are two wonderful beach towns that have a very family friendly vibe and beautiful sandy beaches. Patong is the main tourist town in Phuket. It has a seedy feel in parts but is not terrible.