- 1 Should I stay Como or Bellagio?
- 2 How far is Bellagio from Lake Como?
- 3 Which is the best town to stay in Lake Como?
- 4 What is Bellagio famous for?
- 5 Is Bellagio Italy expensive?
- 6 How much is the ferry from Como to Bellagio?
- 7 How long is the boat ride from Como to Bellagio?
- 8 Is Lake Como safe to swim in?
- 9 How many days do you need in Lake Como?
- 10 Where do celebrities stay in Lake Como?
- 11 Is Lake Como clean to swim in?
- 12 What is the best time of year to visit Lake Como?
- 13 How much is the Bellagio per night?
- 14 What can you do in Lake Como for a day?
- 15 Where can you stay in Lake Como without a car?
Should I stay Como or Bellagio?
Como is good for certain train connections but it is very city-like. Bellagio is very nice but slightly inconvenient as it needs to be approached by water (easy) or road (less easy). My recommendation would be Varenna. We’ve been there twice and each time we visited Bellagio via ferry.
How far is Bellagio from Lake Como?
The distance between Como and Bellagio is 24 km. The road distance is 31.9 km.
Which is the best town to stay in Lake Como?
- Menaggio – Where to stay in Lake Como first time. Menaggio is the main town on the western shore of Lake Como.
- Como – Where to stay in Lake Como on a budget.
- Bellagio – Best area to stay in Lake Como for nightlife.
- Varenna – Coolest place to stay in Lake Como.
- Tremezzo – Best Region in Lake Como for families.
What is Bellagio famous for?
Inspired by the Lake Como town of Bellagio in Italy, Bellagio is famed for its elegance. One of its most notable features is an 8-acre (3.2 ha) lake between the building and the Strip, which houses the Fountains of Bellagio, a large dancing water fountain synchronized to music.
Is Bellagio Italy expensive?
Bellagio, Varenna, and Menaggio are the towns you seem to hear about most – but these are the most expensive and can be the hardest to get to. If you’re somewhat pressed for time, money, or convenience, consider Lecco or Como. Lecco is more industrial and more residential – there’s a bit more authenticity there.
How much is the ferry from Como to Bellagio?
One-way ticket Como–Bellagio (by motorship): €10.40. One-way ticket Como–Bellagio (by hydrofoil, the fast service): €14.80. One-way ticket Lecco-Bellagio (by motorship): €8.30.
How long is the boat ride from Como to Bellagio?
Como to Varenna and Bellagio by Boat
The hydrofoil takes 45 minutes to one hour to travel from Como to Bellagio and/or Varenna. The slow boat takes up to two to three hours to travel from Como to Bellagio and/or Varenna. Click here for the official Lake Como ferry website and for updated prices.
Is Lake Como safe to swim in?
Re: Is Lake Como safe to swim in? Yes, you can swim in the lake but you have to remember that it is a lake so in parts won’t be ideal for swimming. Lake Como is odd in that there is no outlet at the town of Como. The lake’s only outlet is at Lecco.
How many days do you need in Lake Como?
I‘d suggest to spend at least 3-4 days, because there are a lot of towns and things to see and you will need time to experience Lake Como at its best.
Where do celebrities stay in Lake Como?
5 Famed Celebrity Homes in Lake Como, Italy
- Villa Oleandra. Owner – George Clooney. Location – Laglio, Lake Como, Italy.
- Il Palagio. Owner – Sting. Location – Tuscany, Lake Como.
- Villa La Cassinella. Owner – Sir Richard Branson. Location – Tremezzo.
- Villa Le Fontanelle. Owner – Arkady Novikov.
- Studio Bellini.
Is Lake Como clean to swim in?
As in 2018, I am pleased to say that, for 99% of the public beaches on Lake Como, the answer is a very definite yes. And I can say that with full confidence since water quality is checked every month from April to the end of the swimming season at the start of October.
What is the best time of year to visit Lake Como?
The best time to visit is between March and November, when temperatures are warm and the sun shines the most. If you plan to visit Como Lake, there are pros and cons of each season. The weather of Como Lake in July and August is the best you can get.
How much is the Bellagio per night?
Resort fee: USD 51.02 per accommodation, per night.
What can you do in Lake Como for a day?
What to Do in Lake Como for a Day
- Porta Torre and Old City Walls.
- Como Silk Museum.
- Como-Brunate Funicular.
- Villa Olmo.
- Ristorante La Cucina di Elsa.
- Locanda Barbarossa.
Where can you stay in Lake Como without a car?
The regular ferry service is why I think Varenna is the best place to stay in Lake Como without a car. There was no need to have to worry about negotiating narrow streets or finding somewhere to park – if you are prepared to walk a little to reach the ferry port, a car isn’t necessary.