- 1 How much do receptionists at hotels make?
- 2 What qualifications are needed to be a hotel receptionist?
- 3 Is working as a hotel receptionist hard?
- 4 Is hotel receptionist a good job?
- 5 What is the highest paying hotel job?
- 6 What is the duty of a receptionist in a hotel?
- 7 What skills does a hotel receptionist need?
- 8 What are the qualifications of a receptionist?
- 9 What is required for a receptionist job?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of hotel management?
- 11 Is it hard to work front desk at a hotel?
- 12 What is the average salary for a hotel front desk clerk?
- 13 What hours do hotel receptionists work?
- 14 How do I become a hotel worker?
- 15 How many hours does a receptionist work?
How much do receptionists at hotels make?
Hotel Receptionist Salaries
|Hilton Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$29,830/yr|
|Hilton Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$1,143/mo|
|Hyatt Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$14/hr|
|Hampton Inn by Hilton Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$32,483/yr|
What qualifications are needed to be a hotel receptionist?
Although receptionists do not need a high level of qualifications, most employers like to see some proof of their communication skills. They might ask for GCSE’s/S grades or equivalent qualifications, particularly in English and maths. Some may want higher qualifications.
Is working as a hotel receptionist hard?
But working shifts can be tough too, your body needs to learn to adjust fast to getting up very early some days and going to bed pretty late others, the real challenge for many of us comes when one day you need to work until late in the evening and next day (with barely 4 hours of sleep) you must be up on your feet
Is hotel receptionist a good job?
The work of a Hotel Receptionist is one that is regarded as prestigious and highly ranked within the hotel. It is also often seen as the best possible position from which to start your Hotel Career and it comes at no surprise that most Hotel Managers have started their career at the Front Desk and worked their way up.
What is the highest paying hotel job?
Using data from BLS and Salary.com, Monster created a list of some of the highest-paying hospitality jobs.
- Director of housekeeping.
- Executive casino host.
- Executive chef.
- Executive pastry chef.
- Flight attendant.
- Food and beverage director.
- Hotel manager.
- Meeting/event manager.
What is the duty of a receptionist in a hotel?
Hotel receptionists take all incoming calls at a hotel. They handle phone reservations, confirm previously-made reservations, give directions to the hotel and answer any questions customers have about the lodgings. When a guest’s stay is over, hotel receptionists handle check-outs.
What skills does a hotel receptionist need?
- customer service skills.
- sensitivity and understanding.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- the ability to work well with others.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- administration skills.
- the ability to understand people’s reactions.
What are the qualifications of a receptionist?
Receptionist Essential Skills
- Communication Skills. Because the receptionist is the first line of communication with the public, friendly, positive and effective communication skills are essential on various platforms.
- Organizational Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Problem-solving Skills.
- Technology Skills.
What is required for a receptionist job?
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field. Prior experience as a receptionist or in a related field. Consistent, professional dress, and manner. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What are the disadvantages of hotel management?
Disadvantages of Hotel management
- If one staff mistypes the information than the guest might get angry.
- If there is a power failure, while making a reservation than the staff must redo the whole reservation.
- When night auditing is being done all other user’s must be logged off.
Is it hard to work front desk at a hotel?
It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. At the front desk, you’re the person guests think to call and yell at – not the people who’re actually the culprit.
What is the average salary for a hotel front desk clerk?
Front Desk Clerk Salaries
|Marriott International Front Desk Clerk salaries – 63 salaries reported||$30,061/yr|
|Hilton Front Desk Clerk salaries – 36 salaries reported||$30,644/yr|
|Hyatt Front Desk Clerk salaries – 36 salaries reported||$33,745/yr|
What hours do hotel receptionists work?
Some hotel receptionists work early morning to midday. Others work from the afternoon into the late night. Overnight shifts are also possible.
How do I become a hotel worker?
In general, you must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma. In rare cases, you may be required to obtain a college degree. An undergraduate degree in hospitality management or a related field will be advantageous in the hiring process for a hotel management position.
How many hours does a receptionist work?
Receptionists usually work normal office hours, typically 9 to 5.30 from Monday to Friday. Depending on the nature of the company, this could increase during busy periods and receptionists may be required to undertake some weekend work.