- 1 Where is the best area to stay on Kangaroo Island?
- 2 Who owns the resort on Kangaroo Island?
- 3 Who owns Southern Ocean Lodge?
- 4 How many days should you spend on Kangaroo Island?
- 5 Are there snakes on Kangaroo Island?
- 6 Do I need a car on Kangaroo Island?
- 7 How do you get to Kangaroo Island?
- 8 Will the Southern Ocean Lodge be rebuilt?
- 9 Who owns Baillie Lodges?
- 10 Who is Hayley Baillie?
- 11 How much does Kangaroo Island cost?
- 12 What is the best time to visit Kangaroo Island?
- 13 How much does it cost to take your car to Kangaroo Island?
Where is the best area to stay on Kangaroo Island?
8 of the best places to stay on Kangaroo Island
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge.
- Hamilton & Dune.
- Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel.
- Antechamber Bay Retreats.
- Cliff House – Kangaroo Island Stays.
- Adagio Bed and Breakfast.
- Stowaway self-contained cottages.
- The AirBnB of your choice.
Who owns the resort on Kangaroo Island?
Southern Ocean Lodge owners vow to lead the rebuild of Kangaroo Island tourism industry following bushfires. Baille Lodges founders James and Hayley Baillie say plans are already in place to rebuild the Southern Ocean Lodge after it was ravaged by the Kangaroo Island bushfires last week.
Who owns Southern Ocean Lodge?
Envisioned by life and business partners James and Hayley Baillie, Southern Ocean Lodge was designed by Kangaroo Island-born architect Max Pritchard.
How many days should you spend on Kangaroo Island?
How many days to visit Kangaroo Island is, of course, up to you and what you want to explore. But given the size and the diversity of Kangaroo Island attractions, we recommend three days to be the minimum duration to explore it properly.
Are there snakes on Kangaroo Island?
Kangaroo Island is home to two prominent species of snake, the Black Tiger snake (not always black) and the Pygmy Copperhead snake.
Do I need a car on Kangaroo Island?
You can choose to arrive on Kangaroo Island by either ferry or air. You’ll need to either hire a car or bring your own vehicle over on the ferry, as there are no taxis or public transport here. It’s important to pre-book all your travel arrangements, including flights, ferry, car hire and accommodation.
How do you get to Kangaroo Island?
- By Sea. SeaLink operates the ferry service between mainland South Australia and Kangaroo Island.
- By Air. With QantasLink you can fly direct from Adelaide to Kingscote, Kangaroo Island in just 35 minutes.
- Luggage Allowance.
- Getting around Kangaroo Island.
Will the Southern Ocean Lodge be rebuilt?
Southern Ocean Lodge was destroyed in the bushfires that spread across the western end of Kangaroo Island in January 2020 and the property is now closed. We are immediately committed to rebuilding the lodge, and to taking a leading role in whatever ways we can to help rebuild the tourism industry on Kangaroo Island.
Who owns Baillie Lodges?
Baillie Lodges was founded in 2003 by life and business partners James and Hayley Baillie, who together bring a wealth of high end tourism experience to this dynamic venture.
Who is Hayley Baillie?
Blame genetics: Hayley Baillie, daughter of noted Australian entrepreneur, environmentalist and explorer Dick Smith (he completed the first solo helicopter flight around the world and was the second person to fly over Everest), was destined to travel to places of which many only dream.
How much does Kangaroo Island cost?
Standard Ferry Fares
What is the best time to visit Kangaroo Island?
March – May. Autumn on Kangaroo Island is for some the best time of the year to visit; ask a local and they will probably tell you this is their favourite season. Warm days with extended daylight hours for endless exploring, and cooler nights, perfect to begin to rug up with a bottle of Kangaroo Island Red over dinner.
How much does it cost to take your car to Kangaroo Island?
How to Calculate the Cost to Travel to Kangaroo Island. To calculate what it would cost you to travel to Kangaroo Island by Ferry the rates are $98 per person plus $196 for a vehicle to 5 metres.