- 1 What is the best area to stay in Darwin?
- 2 Is Darwin dangerous?
- 3 What is Darwin NT known for?
- 4 Is Darwin a good place to live?
- 5 How far is Kakadu from Darwin?
- 6 How far is Litchfield National Park from Darwin?
- 7 What’s the most dangerous city in Australia?
- 8 Are there snakes in Darwin?
- 9 Is Darwin safe at night?
- 10 Is Darwin expensive?
- 11 What is the coldest month in Darwin?
- 12 Can you swim in Darwin beaches?
- 13 Where should I not live in Darwin?
- 14 Where should I live in Darwin Australia?
- 15 What is the crime rate in Darwin?
What is the best area to stay in Darwin?
It’s a question we regularly get asked; where’s the best place to stay in Darwin?
- Darwin City (CBD) It’s in the heart of the Darwin city centre that you’ll find hip cafes, modern restaurants, alternative shopping boutiques and sweeping green parklands.
- Cullen Bay.
- Northern suburbs.
- OUR VERDICT.
Is Darwin dangerous?
The list of dangerous cities ranks Darwin as Australia’s most dangerous city, coming in at number 50 on the overall index. The crime index gave the Queensland coastal city of Townsville a rate of 61.59, which according to Numbeo is “high”.
What is Darwin NT known for?
Darwin is known for its avid wildlife nestled in and out of the city. With lush national parks such as Litchfield only a short drive away, seeing the Aussie wildlife up close and personal is quite easy.
Is Darwin a good place to live?
Pro: It’s pretty easy to find a job
Depending on your industry, of course. But in recent years, Darwin has been named the best city in Australia to find a job, with 2.24 jobseekers per vacancy. So if you’re looking for a new professional opportunity, Darwin could be your best bet for employment.
How far is Kakadu from Darwin?
Kakadu is Australia’s largest National Park and is over 300 km away from Darwin. A day trip to Kakadu usually includes a wetland cruise and a visit to one rock art site, then it’s back to Darwin.
How far is Litchfield National Park from Darwin?
The park is approximately 120km south-east from Darwin via Batchelor on a fully-sealed road. It is also accessible during the Dry Season via Cox Peninsula Road, which has some unsealed sections, and the 4WD Reynolds Track from Daly River Road in the south.
What’s the most dangerous city in Australia?
After winning the unwanted gong last year, Logan in south-east Queensland has gone back to back as the worst official town in the nation, ahead of Nimbin in NSW and South Australia’s capital city Adelaide. Rounding out the top five were Brisbane and Port Pirie in South Australia.
Are there snakes in Darwin?
Many snake species are found throughout the Northern Territory (NT). This includes the highly venomous desert death adder and the common and harmless children’s python. Native snakes are protected in the NT so you should not interfere with them without a permit.
Is Darwin safe at night?
Darwin is a generally safe city to visit, but the usual rules apply: petty crime can be a problem, particularly late at night, so avoid walking alone in unlit areas and don’t leave valuables in your car.
Is Darwin expensive?
Summary about cost of living in Darwin, Australia: A single person estimated monthly costs are 1,031$ (1,351A$) without rent. Darwin is 12.17% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Darwin is, on average, 64.34% lower than in New York.
What is the coldest month in Darwin?
What is the coldest month in Darwin? With an average high-temperature of 29.4°C (84.9°F) and an average low-temperature of 21.7°C (71.1°F), July is the coldest month in Darwin, Australia.
Can you swim in Darwin beaches?
On top of four public swimming pools and four dry-season patrolled beaches within 15 minutes of the CBD, Darwin and the surrounding area offers plenty of excellent – and some quite unique – swimming opportunities.
Where should I not live in Darwin?
Darwin cabbies declare suburbs no-go zones. SOME Darwin cabbies have declared Karama, Kulaluk, Bagot and Minmarama Park on Dick Ward Drive no-go zones because of fears for their personal safety. All four areas have developed reputations among drivers as hot spots for rock throwing.
Where should I live in Darwin Australia?
Best suburbs in Darwin
- Farrar. 4.5/5. Ranked 1st best suburb in Darwin.
- Wulagi. 4.5/5. Ranked 2nd best suburb in Darwin.
- Larrakeyah. 4.5/5. Ranked 3rd best suburb in Darwin.
- Humpty Doo. 4.5/5. Ranked 4th best suburb in Darwin.
- Rosebery. 4.5/5. Ranked 5th best suburb in Darwin.
- Stuart Park. 4.5/5. Ranked 6th best suburb in Darwin.
- Anula. 4.5/5.
- Fannie Bay. 4.5/5.
What is the crime rate in Darwin?
Crime rates in Darwin, Australia
|Level of crime||64.06||High|
|Problem people using or dealing drugs||59.89||Moderate|
|Problem property crimes such as vandalism and theft||69.44||High|
|Problem violent crimes such as assault and armed robbery||53.46||Moderate|
|Problem corruption and bribery||43.48||Moderate|