- 1 What is the best area to stay in Hong Kong?
- 2 Where should I stay in Hong Kong for the first time?
- 3 Is it better to stay in Kowloon or Hong Kong Island?
- 4 Are hotels in Hong Kong cheaper now?
- 5 How much should I budget for a trip to Hong Kong?
- 6 How many days do I need in Hong Kong?
- 7 Can you drink the water in Hong Kong?
- 8 Is Hong Kong expensive for tourists?
- 9 What should I wear in Hongkong?
- 10 Why is Kowloon called the dark side?
- 11 Can you walk from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island?
- 12 What is the best time to go to Hong Kong?
- 13 How many hotel rooms are there in Hong Kong?
What is the best area to stay in Hong Kong?
Best neighbourhoods to stay in Hong Kong
- Central. Central is so much more than just a financial district.
- Tsim Sha Tsui. Located on the tip of the Kowloon Peninsula, Tsim Sha Tsui is one of the busiest and best places to stay if you want to experience the full spectrum of Hong Kong.
- Wan Chai.
- Causeway Bay.
- Sheung Wan.
Where should I stay in Hong Kong for the first time?
1. Tsim Sha Tsui – The Best Place in Hong Kong for First–Timers. As one of the most central districts in the Hong Kong city center, it’s little wonder Tsim Sha Tsui receives so many visitors. The nightlife, cafes, and markets may have something to do with it, and many travellers visit just to see the iconic ferry pier.
Is it better to stay in Kowloon or Hong Kong Island?
We prefer staying in Kowloon so that you afforded views of the world class Hong Kong Skyline. Better western dining on the HK Island side, better local dining, in our view, on the Kowloon side but its not that much different. Great shopping on both sides in Causeway Bay (HK Island) and Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon).
Are hotels in Hong Kong cheaper now?
At a new low of HK$71 (US$9.06) a night, some hotels are now cheaper than subdivided flats in the city. The monthly rate at the three-star, 800-room hotel, which has sea views, at HK$5,980 for 30 nights – breakfast and wireless internet included according to an advertisement – is cheaper than many subdivided flats.
How much should I budget for a trip to Hong Kong?
Past travelers have spent, on average, HK$205 ($26) on meals for one day and HK$55 ($7.02) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Hong Kong for a couple is HK$959 ($123). So, a trip to Hong Kong for two people for one week costs on average HK$15,189 ($1,955).
How many days do I need in Hong Kong?
While you can visit the city within one or two days, it’s best to spend at least three days in Hong Kong. If you’re going to visit Macau, I’d add another day so you’d need 4-5 days to really see the place.
Can you drink the water in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong’s water is good enough to drink.
According to the WSD, Hong Kong’s water is actually among the safest in the world14. So as long as you maintain your plumbing in good condition, Hong Kong’s water is actually safe to drink from the tap without having to boil.
Is Hong Kong expensive for tourists?
Hong Kong Is One of the World’s Most Expensive Cities — Here’s How to Do It for Cheap. Hong Kong is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. In fact, the city is currently ranked as the place with the highest cost of living for expats.
What should I wear in Hongkong?
Hong Kong may be a sub-tropical climate, but leave your flip flops, shorts, and tank tops at home in favor of long sleeve shirts, jeans/long pants, and a jacket if you are visiting in the winter months.
Why is Kowloon called the dark side?
Most travellers to Hong Kong gravitate towards the glamour of its main island, yet across Victoria Harbour lies the more heavily populated Kowloon. Nicknamed the ‘dark side‘, despite being permanently lit up in a fiery neon glow, Kowloon is restlessly trapped between Western idealism and Da Li (the Chinese mainland).
Can you walk from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island?
1 Answer. No, no way to walk from Kowloon to Hong Kong island, there are several ferries to cross the harbour, but none of them is free. There is no tunnel you can walk through either, just motor traffic.
What is the best time to go to Hong Kong?
The best time to visit Hong Kong is between October and December. This period boasts comfortable temperatures and reasonable room rates.
How many hotel rooms are there in Hong Kong?
Accommodation for visitors: By the end of May 2020, there were 306 hotels in Hong Kong, providing about 84 900 rooms. In 2019, the average hotel room occupancy rate decreased by 12 percentage points to 79%.