- 1 How dangerous is Alice Springs?
- 2 Is Alice Springs safe at night?
- 3 What is there to do in Alice Springs for free?
- 4 What is there to do in Alice Springs today?
- 5 Is there crocodiles in Alice Springs?
- 6 Are there snakes in Alice Springs?
- 7 Can you drink tap water in Alice Springs?
- 8 How long should I stay in Alice Springs?
- 9 Is it worth going to Alice Springs?
- 10 How far from Alice Springs is Uluru?
- 11 How long does it take to walk around Ayers Rock?
- 12 What is the best time of year to visit Alice Springs?
- 13 Is it safe to drive from Alice Springs to Uluru?
- 14 How cold does it get in Alice Springs?
- 15 What is the main industry in Alice Springs?
How dangerous is Alice Springs?
Alice Springs does have an elevated crime rate, largely due to social issues like alcohol abuse. These crimes tend to be more along the lines of break and enters, store robberies and assaults amongst locals. As a tourist you aren’t likely to get caught up in that sort of thing.
Is Alice Springs safe at night?
“Take care in the town centre of Alice Springs at night,” it says. “There have been a number of incidents of harassment, robberies and attacks (including sexual assault) on foreign tourists. “Alice Springs is a safe place to visit,” he said.
What is there to do in Alice Springs for free?
- Anzac Hill. 1,461. Lookouts.
- Finke Gorge National Park. National Parks.
- Mount Gillen. 103.
- Olive Pink Botanic Garden. 468.
- Alice Springs Visitor Information Centre. 345.
- Yubu Napa Art Gallery. 147.
- Chambers Pillar. Geologic Formations.
- Megafauna Central – Museum and Art Gallery of NT. Natural History Museums • Children’s Museums.
What is there to do in Alice Springs today?
- Go Hot Air Ballooning with Outback Ballooning.
- The Kangaroo Sanctuary.
- Alice Springs Desert Park.
- Sounds of Starlight Theatre.
- Alice Springs School of the Air Visitor’s Centre.
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre.
- The National Road Transport Hall of Fame.
- Take a Ride with Pynden Camel Tracks.
Is there crocodiles in Alice Springs?
If you’re heading to Alice Springs, there’s good news – you don’t need to worry about running into our scaly friends in the waterholes. Crocodiles simply don’t live this far south, so it’s safe for you to swim. You can however see a live crocodile at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre.
Are there snakes in Alice Springs?
About the Snakes of Alice Springs
There is a total of 13 species of snake roaming about Alice Springs, but two of them are non-venomous and three are blind. Giving you a lot less risk when trekking about the dry landscape.
Can you drink tap water in Alice Springs?
Can You Drink Tap Water in Alice Springs? Yes, tap water is drinkable. You may check the rate of travelers and residents of Alice Springs water quality.
How long should I stay in Alice Springs?
How Long Should I Stay? There’s enough to see and do around Alice Springs to easily fill in two weeks. However, if you wanted to just see the highlights, then two nights/three days would be enough time.
Is it worth going to Alice Springs?
Alice Springs is worth it, but only if you are going to take time to see Uluru, Olgas, Kings Canyon, Desert Park otherwise there’s not much to see in Alice at all. If you are in Alice, migth as well see the Red Centre and all its attractions like Uluru, Olgas and the Kings Canyon.
How far from Alice Springs is Uluru?
The drive between Alice Springs and Uluru is an absolute must-do, taking travellers through the heart of the country. And it’s not a long one, either – the one-way trip from Alice Springs to Uluru is just 450km/5.5 hours on fully-sealed roads.
How long does it take to walk around Ayers Rock?
The walk is 10.6 km loop around the entire base of Ayers Rock. It takes most people around 3.5 hours to complete. Whilst most people might baulk at walking 10 km, the information provided on the signs on this walk are worth the walk.
What is the best time of year to visit Alice Springs?
The best time of year to visit Alice Springs are the autumn months between April and June, but also September is a good month.
Is it safe to drive from Alice Springs to Uluru?
Driving from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock via the Stuart and Lasseter Highways is safe, however there’s are few outback driving safety tips we’d like to share with you. Ayers Rock is not just a ‘short drive’ from Alice Springs. It will take you half a day – it’s 5 hours drive.
How cold does it get in Alice Springs?
Average temperatures range from 12 – 27°C (53.6 – 80.6°F). During winter, average temperatures fall between 4.8 – 20°C (40.6 – 68°F), with July being the coolest month. Nighttime temperatures can drop below 0°C (32°F) and thick frost on the ground can resemble a carpet of snow.
What is the main industry in Alice Springs?
Of this, the largest industry sectors are Mining ($552 million), Construction ($313 million) and Health care and social assistance ($240 million). At $54 450, the average income in the Central Australia region is lower than the NT average ($59 342).