- 1 How much do receptionists at hotels make?
- 2 How do you become a hotel receptionist?
- 3 Is working as a hotel receptionist hard?
- 4 Is hotel receptionist a good job?
- 5 What is the highest paying hotel job?
- 6 What is the duty of a receptionist in a hotel?
- 7 Do hotel receptionists stand all day?
- 8 What skills does a hotel receptionist need?
- 9 What skills do you need to work front desk at a hotel?
- 10 Is it hard to work front desk at a hotel?
- 11 How do I become a good hotel front desk receptionist?
- 12 What is a hotel receptionist called?
- 13 What are the disadvantages of hotel management?
- 14 What hours do hotel receptionists work?
- 15 What are the shifts timing at the front desk?
How much do receptionists at hotels make?
Hotel Receptionist Salaries
|Hilton Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$29,830/yr|
|Hilton Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$1,143/mo|
|Hyatt Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$14/hr|
|Hampton Inn by Hilton Hotel Receptionist salaries – 1 salaries reported||$32,483/yr|
How do you become a hotel receptionist?
To work as a hotel receptionist, you need to develop strong customer service skills. Employers prefer candidates who have worked in the hospitality industry and have experience with bookkeeping, account management, and front desk operations. Consider earning an associate degree in management or hospitality.
Is working as a hotel receptionist hard?
But working shifts can be tough too, your body needs to learn to adjust fast to getting up very early some days and going to bed pretty late others, the real challenge for many of us comes when one day you need to work until late in the evening and next day (with barely 4 hours of sleep) you must be up on your feet
Is hotel receptionist a good job?
The work of a Hotel Receptionist is one that is regarded as prestigious and highly ranked within the hotel. It is also often seen as the best possible position from which to start your Hotel Career and it comes at no surprise that most Hotel Managers have started their career at the Front Desk and worked their way up.
What is the highest paying hotel job?
Using data from BLS and Salary.com, Monster created a list of some of the highest-paying hospitality jobs.
- Director of housekeeping.
- Executive casino host.
- Executive chef.
- Executive pastry chef.
- Flight attendant.
- Food and beverage director.
- Hotel manager.
- Meeting/event manager.
What is the duty of a receptionist in a hotel?
Hotel receptionists take all incoming calls at a hotel. They handle phone reservations, confirm previously-made reservations, give directions to the hotel and answer any questions customers have about the lodgings. When a guest’s stay is over, hotel receptionists handle check-outs.
Do hotel receptionists stand all day?
There are several hotel personnel, bell men and porters, waiters, restaurant hostesses and bar personnel, who all stand throughout their shift. They are all front line personnel.
What skills does a hotel receptionist need?
- customer service skills.
- sensitivity and understanding.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- the ability to work well with others.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- administration skills.
- the ability to understand people’s reactions.
What skills do you need to work front desk at a hotel?
They speak with guests in person and over the phone all day, so it is important that they speak clearly and maintain a positive tone.
- Nonverbal Communication.
- Oral Communication.
- Phone Etiquette.
- Adherence to Policies and Procedures.
Is it hard to work front desk at a hotel?
It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. It’s emotionally and psychologically taxing to work in a hotel. At the front desk, you’re the person guests think to call and yell at – not the people who’re actually the culprit.
How do I become a good hotel front desk receptionist?
10 Traits of a Great Hotel Front Desk Agent
- Empathetic and Caring. When guests approach the front desk to check in, they may be tired from their travels.
- Willing to Go Above and Beyond.
- Ability to Anticipate Guests’ Needs.
- Engaging and Inquisitive.
- Calm, Composed.
- Always Smiling.
- Knowledgeable about the Local Area.
What is a hotel receptionist called?
The term front desk is used in many hotels for an administrative department where a receptionist’s duties also may include room reservations and assignment, guest registration, cashier work, credit checks, key control, and mail and message service. Such receptionists are often called front desk clerks.
What are the disadvantages of hotel management?
Disadvantages of Hotel management
- If one staff mistypes the information than the guest might get angry.
- If there is a power failure, while making a reservation than the staff must redo the whole reservation.
- When night auditing is being done all other user’s must be logged off.
What hours do hotel receptionists work?
Some hotel receptionists work early morning to midday. Others work from the afternoon into the late night. Overnight shifts are also possible.
What are the shifts timing at the front desk?
Front offic work hours
Hotels are usually open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Work shifts in hotels are usually from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.; 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.; and 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Employees may be asked to work any of these three shifts or to work on a rotating shift plan. Sunday and holiday work may also be rotated.