- 1 Can you walk from Athens airport to Sofitel Hotel?
- 2 Does Athens airport have a hotel?
- 3 Can I sleep in Athens Airport?
- 4 How far is Athens airport from the city?
- 5 What are the bad areas of Athens?
- 6 Can you drink water in Athens?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Athens airport to city center?
- 8 Are there two airports in Athens?
- 9 What do you do overnight at airport?
- 10 Is Athens worth visiting?
- 11 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 12 Is Athens walkable?
Can you walk from Athens airport to Sofitel Hotel?
The Sofitel is across the street from the airport. You may be able to use the airport carts right up to the exit of the airport, then walk across the street to the hotel. The hotel is quite nice, they may have porters that could assist with luggage.
Does Athens airport have a hotel?
Map of Athens Airport Hotels
The Sofitel Athens Airport is the only hotel located at the Athens Airport.
Can I sleep in Athens Airport?
While Athens Airport has several lounges, none have designated sleep rooms or rest areas. If you just want to relax in a comfortable seat, check out this list of lounges in our Athens Airport Guide that you can pay to access.
How far is Athens airport from the city?
How far is Athens airport from the city? Athens airport is fairly close to the city centre, only 35 km. If you are travelling by car or taxi, it shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes to reach your destination.
What are the bad areas of Athens?
When keeping in mind areas to avoid in Athens, know that Omonia, Exarcheia, Vathi, and Kolokotroni Squares have high crime rates and should be avoided at night, if not altogether.
Can you drink water in Athens?
Although it is perfectly safe to drink water from the tap in Athens and Thessaloniki it is better to ask in all the other places or even better buy bottled water which is fairly cheap. Generally in most of the Greek Islands like Mykonos and Santorini you cannot drink water from the tap.
How much is a taxi from Athens airport to city center?
Approximate Taxi Fares from Athens Airport
|Athens Airport Taxi Prices||Day 05:00-24:00||Night 00:00-05:00|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Athens City Center||38 €||54 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Piraeus Port||48 €||60 €|
|Athens Airport(ATH) – Rafina Port||35 €||50 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Lavrio Marina||47 €||65 €|
Are there two airports in Athens?
Athens has only one airport, the Athens International Airport (AIA), which is called “Eleftherios Venizelos Airport” in Greece. However, when you are looking for flights from your home country to Athens, you should search for the official airport code, which is AIA.
What do you do overnight at airport?
Overnight Layovers: How to Survive a Night at the Airport
- Head to the international terminal ASAP.
- Be prepared — almost everything closes at midnight at the airport.
- If you forget your charger, make some new layover friends.
- Pack toiletries in your carry-on bag.
- Ask an airport attendant if there’s somewhere to grab sleeping essentials.
- You can still get a workout in.
Is Athens worth visiting?
Athens is now definitely one of the best cities to visit in Greece. It’s worth visiting Athens today for both its ancient treasures – and its modern delights.
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
Is Athens walkable?
Athens is a walkable city and its historic center is easy to navigate, while public transport is affordable.