- 1 What is the best area to stay in Ho Chi Minh?
- 2 Which district is the best in Ho Chi Minh?
- 3 Is Ho Chi Minh City safe at night?
- 4 How many days do you need in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 5 Which is better Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
- 6 Is Ho Chi Minh City cheap?
- 7 Where do most foreigners live in Vietnam?
- 8 Can you have ice in Vietnam?
- 9 What are some problems that tourists may have in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 10 Is there a war in Vietnam right now?
- 11 What should I avoid in Vietnam?
- 12 What is the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
- 13 What is the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh?
What is the best area to stay in Ho Chi Minh?
District 1 is the best. Many backpackers and adult travelers choose one of the hotels in the Bui Vien area. You can also look for hotels around Nguyen Hue street, which is a bit more upscale. Both are in district 1.
Which district is the best in Ho Chi Minh?
Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Ho Chi Minh City
- District 1. Backpacker Area. Great Location.
- District 3. Bustling. Loud.
- Binh Thanh. Family Friendly. A sprawling district, Binh Tanh is appealing to tourists and long term residents.
- District 2. Backpacker Area. Great Location.
- Chinatown. Touristy.
- Pham Ngu Lao Street. Touristy.
- Bach Dang Riverside. Great Location.
- District 7. Popular.
Is Ho Chi Minh City safe at night?
As for streets, they are generally safe but some areas should be avoided, such as parts of Ho Chi Minh filled with clubs and bars that are usually filled with suspicious individuals. Sexual assaults and robberies are more probable in these places, so be cautious and avoid these places late at night.
How many days do you need in Ho Chi Minh City?
You don’t really need more than 2 days in the city itself but there are a number of day trips that you can do that will add extra days to your itinerary (Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta are 2 trips I would recommend).
Which is better Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
Conclusion. While Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are popular holiday destinations in Vietnam, it’s clear that each city caters to different types of traveller. Hanoi is ideal for those looking to experience a more traditional lifestyle while Ho Chi Minh City’s urban landscape is best suited for luxury travellers.
Is Ho Chi Minh City cheap?
Ho Chi Minh City is an incredible travel bargain compared to most of the rest of the world, though it’s also among the more expensive cities in Vietnam. Hoi An prices are strangely low for food and drinks and even hotels, and it’s a major highlight for most visitors to Vietnam.
Where do most foreigners live in Vietnam?
Living by the Ocean
Da Nang is considered by many to be the most livable city in Vietnam. Expats can have the best of both worlds at their doorstep: spectacular, golden-sand beaches and easy access to a modern, cosmopolitan city. The large foreign community is friendly and welcoming.
Can you have ice in Vietnam?
Yes, most of the ice you will encounter is clean and you will be able to drink it. There are two types of ice in Vietnam and one of them isn’t filtered and should not be drunk. As a customer, you will rarely ever encounter this type of ice.
What are some problems that tourists may have in Ho Chi Minh City?
Common scams and crimes in Saigon: Bag and phone snatching: Travellers frequently fall victim to bag and phone snatchers on motorbikes when crossing the road. This is the most serious and most common problem to befall travellers.
Is there a war in Vietnam right now?
The Vietnam War is still going on in Vietnam
While nearly 60,000 Americans lost their lives in the war, more than 3.3 million Vietnamese (both North and South including civilians) died. In 1971 alone, 800,000 tonnes of bombs were dropped on these countries – and that was when the war was ‘winding down’.
What should I avoid in Vietnam?
11 Things You Shouldn’t Eat or Drink in Vietnam
- Tap water. Might as well start with the obvious one.
- Strange meat. We don’t mean street meat, as street food in Vietnam is amazing.
- Roadside coffee. It’s no secret in Vietnam that many cheaper coffee places aren’t serving you just coffee.
- Uncooked vegetables.
- Raw blood pudding.
- Cold soups.
- Dog meat.
What is the most beautiful city in Vietnam?
- Hoi An.
- Sa Pa (Sapa)
- Ha Long Bay.
- The Mekong Delta.
- Ho Chi Minh City.
- Ha Giang Province.
- Phu Quoc Island.
- Da Nang.
What is the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh?
The best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City is during the drier months of December to March, when temperatures range between 21°C and 34°C. Many like to visit during the Tet Festival (Vietnamese New Year) in late January or early February.