- 1 Which district should I stay in Ho Chi Minh?
- 2 Which district is the best in Ho Chi Minh?
- 3 Can unmarried couples stay in hotels in Vietnam?
- 4 How much does it cost from Ho Chi Minh Airport to District 1?
- 5 Which is better Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
- 6 Is Vietnam cheap for tourists?
- 7 Where do most foreigners live in Vietnam?
- 8 What is not allowed in Vietnam?
- 9 Can you drink alcohol in public in Vietnam?
- 10 What is the national drink of Vietnam?
- 11 What month is the cheapest to fly to Vietnam?
- 12 Is Ho Chi Minh City Safe?
- 13 How do I get from Ho Chi Minh City to airport?
Which district should I stay in Ho Chi Minh?
As a visitor to Ho Chi Minh City, you’ll want to stay either in District 1, which is where you’ll find almost all of the city’s cultural, historical and commercial attractions, or in District 3, which is a cheaper, more “local” district close to the city centre.
Which district is the best in Ho Chi Minh?
Best Neighborhoods to Stay in Ho Chi Minh City
- District 1. Backpacker Area. Great Location.
- District 3. Bustling. Loud.
- Binh Thanh. Family Friendly. A sprawling district, Binh Tanh is appealing to tourists and long term residents.
- District 2. Backpacker Area. Great Location.
- Chinatown. Touristy.
- Pham Ngu Lao Street. Touristy.
- Bach Dang Riverside. Great Location.
- District 7. Popular.
Can unmarried couples stay in hotels in Vietnam?
Yes, an unmarried couple can stay in the same hotel room without any problem.
How much does it cost from Ho Chi Minh Airport to District 1?
The fare to most hotels in District 1 should be around 150,000 – 170,000 VND and you will have to pay extra 10,000 VND to cover the Airport surcharge. Mai Linh counter in the terminal building. The Mai Linh taxi company has a counter that is on your right after you clear customs.
Which is better Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
Conclusion. While Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are popular holiday destinations in Vietnam, it’s clear that each city caters to different types of traveller. Hanoi is ideal for those looking to experience a more traditional lifestyle while Ho Chi Minh City’s urban landscape is best suited for luxury travellers.
Is Vietnam cheap for tourists?
Although Vietnam is getting more expensive every year, it’s still a cheap country to visit. For a comfortable mid-range experience in Vietnam, it’s best to budget $60 to $100 per day for your entire costs.
Where do most foreigners live in Vietnam?
Living by the Ocean
Da Nang is considered by many to be the most livable city in Vietnam. Expats can have the best of both worlds at their doorstep: spectacular, golden-sand beaches and easy access to a modern, cosmopolitan city. The large foreign community is friendly and welcoming.
What is not allowed in Vietnam?
Some things that are illegal in Vietnam include Gambling, Prostitution, Drug Use and Distribution, and Pornography. Vietnamese law is built based on the long-standing culture and the characteristics of the local Vietnamese lifestyle.
Can you drink alcohol in public in Vietnam?
Absolutely no issues with drinking beer in public and as you know it’s the best way to get rid of a hangover. Great way to kill yourself as walking across a street in VN, one needs 100% attention. I think walking the streets of Vietnam out of your head on drink could indeed result in a calamity that could be fatal.
What is the national drink of Vietnam?
Rượu đế is a distilled liquor from Vietnam, made of either glutinous or non-glutinous rice. It was formerly made illegally and is thus similar to moonshine. It is most typical of the Mekong Delta region of southwestern Vietnam (its equivalent in northern Vietnam is called rượu quốc lủi).
What month is the cheapest to fly to Vietnam?
The cheapest month to fly to Vietnam is April.
Is Ho Chi Minh City Safe?
Ho Chi Minh is a relatively safe city to travel to. Its main source of income is tourism, so the tourists’ safety is their number one concern. The street crime is more common in cities like Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi.
How do I get from Ho Chi Minh City to airport?
There are in several public buses going from the airport to Ho Chi Minh. You can take the Yellow Airport Bus #109, Airport Bus #49 or public Bus #152. The modern airport buses bring you for 20,000 VND ($1) to 40,000 VND ($1.80) to the center of Ho Chi Minh.