- 1 Can you stay in Torres del Paine?
- 2 Where should I stay when hiking Torres del Paine?
- 3 How do I get to Torres del Paine in one day?
- 4 How much does it cost to go to Torres del Paine?
- 5 How many days do you need in Torres del Paine?
- 6 How long is the drive from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine?
- 7 Is the W trek difficult?
- 8 How do you get to Torres del Paine?
- 9 Can you camp in Torres del Paine?
- 10 Can you hike Torres del Paine without a guide?
- 11 Can you hike Patagonia without a guide?
- 12 How do you do the W trek?
- 13 Is it expensive to go to Patagonia?
- 14 What is the best time of year to visit Patagonia?
- 15 How can I get cheap Patagonia?
Can you stay in Torres del Paine?
Torres del Paine National Park offers a large range of accommodation to choose from. Stay at a refugios or campsites for a fun and traditional trek experience. Escape to a luxury lodge for tranquillity and incredible views across the park or gaze up at the stars from your yurt/dome at an eco yurt camp.
Where should I stay when hiking Torres del Paine?
The 10 Best Hotels in Torres del Paine National Park
- Best luxury lodging for view junkies: Explora Patagonia.
- Best campsite in the heart of Torres del Paine park: Camping Lago Pehoé
- Best lodge for the Patagonian ranch experience: Hosteria Mirador del Payne.
- Best hotel for getting up close to a glacier: Hotel Lago Grey.
How do I get to Torres del Paine in one day?
Can you visit Torres del Paine in a day? Yes, it’s possible to visit Torres del Paine National Park in one day. However, because it takes around 1.5-2 hours to drive from Puerto Natales (the nearest town) to the park, you can expect a tour of the national park to constitute a very long day.
How much does it cost to go to Torres del Paine?
FROM JANUARY 1, 2020 THE RATES WILL BE RESETTED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING TABLE:
|Until 31 december 2019|
|– Adult, chilean >18||$6.000|
|– Adult, foreign >18||$21.000|
|– Adult, disability chilean or resident >18||$3.000|
|– Child 11 or less years old, chilean or resident. Disability people||Free|
How many days do you need in Torres del Paine?
If you‘re planning a backpacking trip in Torres del Paine, for example, you‘ll want to spend between 5 and 10 days there; but those with plans for a few light walks and sightseeing drives in that national park might find that 2 to 3 days are enough.
How long is the drive from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine?
Puerto Natales is only 37 miles (60 km) from Torres del Paine National Park. The best way to travel is by car, which takes one hour. You can easily book a private transfer, but renting a car is highly recommended if you want the freedom to explore the national park and the surrounding area on your own time.
Is the W trek difficult?
This is a multi-day trek which will typically take 3-5 days to complete. Rated moderate difficulty, the trail is well maintained, easy to follow, has many marked signs along the way, but has uneven, steep, and loose surfaces at times.
How do you get to Torres del Paine?
Fly to Punta Arenas and bus to Torres del Paine:
It’s far easier to reach Torres del Paine from Chile, and all international flights to the country go via Santiago. This makes it the ideal pit stop, before the three and a half hour flight down to Punta Arenas, where you can bus straight on to Torres del Paine.
Can you camp in Torres del Paine?
There are two types of campgrounds in Torres del Paine: free park campgrounds administered by CONAF and fee-based camping areas run by the refugios. Trekkers on the “W” Circuit can choose between camping, staying in refugios, or a combination.
Can you hike Torres del Paine without a guide?
If it’s your first time visiting Patagonia, a trip to Torres del Paine will most likely be on your itinerary, and with good reason. This spectacular Chilean region offers some of the best trekking in the world. Though many people hike with organized tour groups, hiking independently is very possible.
Can you hike Patagonia without a guide?
Though many people hike with organized tour groups, hiking independently is very possible in most places. Even those with little backpacking experience will find trekking in Patagonia to be an accessible and absolutely unforgettable adventure.
How do you do the W trek?
How to get to the W trek from Puerto Natales
- Take a bus from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine.
- Take the catamaran (ferry) from Pudeto to Paine Grande.
- Take a bus from Hotel Las Torres to Laguna Amarga.
- Take another bus from Laguna Amarga to Puerto Natales.
Is it expensive to go to Patagonia?
However, the cost of traveling to Patagonia varies significantly and it’s hard to define an average trip cost. A cheapest daily budget for Patagonia can come in at around $50 USD per day. This includes staying in cheap, dorm-style accommodation, self-catering and taking public transport.
What is the best time of year to visit Patagonia?
The best time to visit Chilean Patagonia is November to early March (summertime in the southern hemisphere). Although you’ll compete with heavy crowds during this peak season, the weather is ideal for exploring Torres del Paine National Park and Tierra del Fuego.
How can I get cheap Patagonia?
By far the cheapest way to get around in Chilean Patagonia is to use the regular shuttles which run between Punta Arenas and Puerto Natales (US$30) and Puerto Natales into Torres del Paine (US$15). Taxis and private transfers can be expensive in this part of the world, but the shuttle buses are frequent and affordable.