- 1 What is the best tour of Versailles?
- 2 Should you buy Versailles tickets in advance?
- 3 How do I skip the line at the Palace of Versailles?
- 4 Can you go to Versailles without a tour?
- 5 What is the best day of the week to visit Versailles?
- 6 How much does it cost to tour Versailles?
- 7 How long does a visit to Versailles take?
- 8 Are the gardens at Versailles free?
- 9 What day of the week is Versailles closed?
- 10 How do you get to the Palace of Versailles?
- 11 How much does it cost to visit the Eiffel Tower?
- 12 Is Versaille worth the trip?
- 13 What are good day trips from Paris?
What is the best tour of Versailles?
Versailles tours and tickets
- Skip-the-line tickets.
- Segway around Versailles Gardens.
- Monet’s Giverny and Versailles day trip.
- © Chateau de Versailles.
- Skip-the-line walking tour of the palace and gardens.
- VIP tour with a private viewing of the Royal Quarters.
- Versailles by bike.
- Best of Versailles day trip.
Should you buy Versailles tickets in advance?
Visitors to the Palace must book in advance and select a specific time slot. We highly recommend that visitors pre-book their tickets online. Once you have booked your ticket online and printed it, go directly with your ticket to Entrance A of the Palace. Visitors eligible for free admission must pre-book online.
How do I skip the line at the Palace of Versailles?
Your best bets to skip the line at the Palace of Versailles
- Book your tickets in advance to skip the line.
- Go on a guided tour to skip the line.
- Choosing the right time to visit.
Can you go to Versailles without a tour?
Access to the Gardens is free except on days of fountains shows. To make the most of your visit at Versailles, plan to spend a full day in the estate. Read our advices to better organize your visit. Guided tours allow you to visit otherwise closed rooms and then to directly join free visit routes.
What is the best day of the week to visit Versailles?
The best day to visit is Thursday, and the best time to arrive at the palace is between 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. You can’t miss the pièce de résistance: the Hall of Mirrors.
How much does it cost to tour Versailles?
The ticket price is 40€ (basic) or 49€ (including one day of Musical Gardens or Musical Fountains, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in high season). The ticket includes access to: The Palace (free audio guide) The Estate of Trianon.
How long does a visit to Versailles take?
The Main Palace – This is where you’ll spend most of your time (plan for at least 2-3 hours) as there are over 2,300 rooms in the palace itself. Some of the more famous rooms are the Hall of Mirrors, Marie-Antoinette’s bedrooms, and the King’s Apartments and Royal Bedchamber.
Are the gardens at Versailles free?
The gardens are also free, except on Musical Fountains Show and Musical Gardens days. The Park is open every day all year round and admission is free.
What day of the week is Versailles closed?
The Palace, the gardens and the Estate of Trianon are closed until further notice. Except during lockdow, the Palace is open every day except on Mondays from 9:00 am, but the estate of Trianon and the Coach Gallery only open in the afternoon.
How do you get to the Palace of Versailles?
The most common and easy way to get to Versailles is to take the RER C train that will take you to Chateau rive Gauche train station at Versailles. Where can I get the RER C train? This train crosses Paris from East to West and follows the famous Seine River that divides Paris into 2 parts.
How much does it cost to visit the Eiffel Tower?
New Eiffel Tower rates
|Adult rate||Child under 4 rate|
|Ticket with access lift – Second floor||16.60 euros||Free|
|Ticket with access stairs – Second floor||10.40 euros||Free|
|Ticket with access lift – The top||25.90 euros||Free|
|Ticket with acess stairs 2nd floor + lift – The top||19.70 euros||Free|
Is Versaille worth the trip?
After all of that we would say YES Versailles is worth it. It is a super easy day trip from Paris and the Gardens and the Park are definitely worth checking out! Plus the history of the entire area is extremely interesting.
What are good day trips from Paris?
20 Top-Rated Day Trips from Paris
- Château de Versailles. Château de Versailles.
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres. Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Chartres.
- Château de Fontainebleau. Château de Fontainebleau.
- Bruges. Bruges.
- Mont Saint-Michel. Mont Saint-Michel.
- Normandy D-Day Battlefields and Landing Beaches.
- Domaine de Chantilly.
- Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte.